3270 Flybridge fuse block replacement-gctid810316

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3270 Flybridge fuse block replacement-gctid810316

I would like to replace original FB fuse block and with a BlueSea unit that takes standard automobile type fuses. It's also been suggested to upgrade the main power wires as the original is too light. Has anyone done this upgrade? any pictures, tips, suggestions?

Thanks
    "Martini's Law" SOLD
    1986 Bayliner 3270, 110 Hino's
    Nova Scotia, Canada

Have not done the flybridge but I added a fuse block under the lower helm on the left side for all my electronics. Ran a marine grade 10 guage duplex wire through the cave to the house battery switch and ground and installed a 30 amp switch just left of the anchor switch below the helm. I wanted to get good power to the electronics and be able to turn them all on or off with a single switch. ( just like a master switch in an airplane). Also, i was concerned that the original power wire to the main fuze blocks was insufficient because of the way the instruments decreased when the trim switch was activated. Have had no problems with the new set up.

Jim
    1988 3270 With 135 Hinos

Comment

"diveguy" post=810316 wrote:
      I would like to replace original FB fuse block and with a BlueSea unit that takes standard automobile type fuses. It's also been suggested to upgrade the main power wires as the original is too light. Has anyone done this upgrade? any pictures, tips, suggestions?

Thanks
      I have been contemplating the same things about the electrical system on "Mr. Darcy". I was thinking #8 or #6 main power wires because of the loads of the radar, two 25 watt vhf, GPS, more powerful depth sounder, etc. I am also adding about 250 watts of exterior L.E.D. lighting. And the behind the gauges unlabeled fuse block was a poor choice from the start IMHO. So, like you I am open to see and read about others who have tackled this project. Wish I was young and skinny like Trevor as it would make this an easier project to take on.

Greg
      Newport, Oregon
      South Beach Marina
      1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
      Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
      Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

[quote]"Mr. Darcy" post=810325 wrote:
        [quote="diveguy" post[hr]=810316 Wish I was young and skinny like Trevor as it would make this an easier project to take on.

Greg[/quote]

You have no idea how hard it is to maintain this "girlish figure". :woohoo:

This is what I plan on using:

[attachment]36727 wrote:
        Fuse Block.jpg[/attachment]

I assume I'll need to chase the wiring back to the battery switch in order to upgrade in size??

Attached files
        [URL="http://77.104.154.229/core/gcMigration/attachments/10471/FuseBlock.jpg"][/URL]
        "Martini's Law" SOLD
        Nova Scotia, Canada

Comment

I installed the new fuse block and immediately noticed a difference in how the electronics are powering up and functioning. Before, the horn work intermittently and weak. Now it will blow your head off. So that's my benchmark...a working horn. I haven't touched the main wire. Was a good opportunity to remove old wiring as well and label the new fuses.
          "Martini's Law" SOLD
          Nova Scotia, Canada

Comment

Working...
          X