3988 Performance Envelope-gctid810090

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3988 Performance Envelope-gctid810090

I know this topic is as broad as it is long, however, I am looking for any data available on operating a 3988 in beam, head and following seas.

I know that there will be responses to this question that are anecdotal and they are welcome, but please remember, exaggeration here could lead to catastrophe for some.

Thanks in advance

Checks,

Not sure what data you're looking for but over the past two days I've driven a 3988 from Oakland to Morro Bay with a stop in Monterey. Most of the 220nm trip thus far has been in 4-6 beam and following seas. We're operating at 2100rpm which yields an average of about 17-18 kts. FF is about 1nm per Gal. This 39 has the Cummins 330's. Tomorrow morning I'm headed for Santa Barbara then on to Long

Beach.
    Jim Gandee
    1989 3888
    Hino 175's
    Fire Escape
    [email protected]
    Alamitos Bay, SoCal

Comment

Thanks Jim. That is exactly what I am looking for. I find they operate quite well on the beam up to ~8', then things can get a little messy down below without a full load of fuel on board. Sounds like you are doing a delivery? Enjoy

Comment

"I am looking for any data available on operating a 3988 in beam, head and following seas."

Out here on the East coast this answer has everything to do with the wave interval rather than the wave height.

Not sure what you deal with on the west coast as we have no experience out there.
        Northport NY

Comment

Working...
        X