Is this EH-700 raw water pump gasket?-gctid810047

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this EH-700 raw water pump gasket?-gctid810047

Going thru spare parts bin from prior owner...

I believe the gaskets on the bottom are for the raw water pumps (I've got one Hino impeller with gasket, and two Jabsco impellers without gaskets).

Can anyone confirm these are gaskets for the raw water pump / Jabsco impellers)?

Stand by...can't get the pic to upload....

The gaskets look like they are made out of a lunch bag and are shaped like the aft closing plate. They usually run $7-1,000,000 each. Usually a lot closer to the $7 price.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

I ordered a pair from Earl and they were a stiffer, green gasket. . .maybe reusable? Shaped like perimeter of the cover plate, and center cut to match shoe and inner pump housing.

I've cut my own out of grocery bags for other engines over the years. . .

Never tried, but wonder now; could a set of the right thickness be cut out of something like neoprene so they are reusable? A "speed seal" style cover like on my Orbendorfer pump (atomic 4) would be nice. No more seal, only an "o ring".

Just rambling. Oh, hey Dave!
      . . .It places the lotion in the Basket. . .and that basket happens to be in a 1987 Bayliner 3870 w/ Hino 175's

Comment

OK, finally got the pic to upload...are these the raw water pump gaskets? They are not quite the same shape/holes as the gasket included with the one Hino impeller I found in the spare parts bin, but very close. :huh:

I Googled the part number...all I can find is "for Hino EH-700", but not for WHAT on the Hino EH700...LOL.

Thanks guys!

Dave

Attached files

Comment

Dave, I can BARELY make out the shape of the gasket through the packaging. From what I can see it appears to be the raw water pump gasket.
          Jim Gandee
          1989 3888
          Hino 175's
          Fire Escape
          [email protected]
          Alamitos Bay, SoCal

Comment

Chicken dinner winner winner. Item 27

http://www.marinepowerservice.com/Bo...serial/ALL.cfm
            P/C Pete
            Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
            1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”