Weight Limit Top Deck 4788 Pilot House-gctid809486

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Limit Top Deck 4788 Pilot House-gctid809486

I am seeking information regarding maximum weight allowed on the Top Deck of a 4788 Pilothouse? If anyone knows the GROSS Weight allowed, and the Pounds Per Square Foot allowed, that would be great.

Thank You

"I am seeking information regarding maximum weight allowed on the Top Deck of a 4788 Pilothouse?"

Welcome to the BOC.

The handbook says #1,000 on the flybridge deck.

If you do not have a handbook perhaps go to the Bayliner site and click on handbooks and download a copy.

I believe it is on page 14 or 15.
    Northport NY

Comment

This is all I can find in the 1999 book. 30 lbs/ft^2

Partner in a 1999 4788

Seattle, WA

Comment

FWIW - the question you did not ask/post....

Does anyone exceed the #1,000 limit on the 4788 flybrdge deck.

Yes - absolutely , between the dinghy and passengers on board we have exceeded that weight by a large margin with never a problem.

Consideration for weather conditions and while underway notwithstanding there should be no problem based upon my experiences and what I have read over the years here on the BOC.
        Northport NY

Comment

Yes, we have far exceeded that. We were safely tied up at dock, in a secure cove, with no wind, waves or tides to worry about. We had a party for a large yacht club group and at one point we had thirty people on the flybridge deck. At an average of 150 pounds that would be 4500 pounds. Yikes! I never even thought about that until way after the fact. The 4788 is a stout boat, for sure.

Comment

"stargazerwa" post=809548 wrote:
            This is all I can find in the 1999 book. 30 lbs/ft^2 [attachment]36389 wrote:
            IMG_1194.PNG[/attachment]
            Every time I stand still on the bridge of our 47 with feet together, I exceede the 30 pounds per square foot by a factor of 10???
            Started boating 1965
            Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

"Every time I stand still on the bridge of our 47 with feet together, I exceede the 30 pounds per square foot by a factor of 10??? "

Yup - agreed 100% for me also!!!
              Northport NY

Comment

Between my dingy and me standing on the bridge the 1000 pounds is exceeded. Add tons of fishing, crabbing and prawing gear you are looking at many more hundreds of pounds more.
                Started boating 1965
                Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

As a testament to the strength of the boat deck.... I have a Grand 370 tender sitting thwart ship and { Used} to have a 1500 lb fiberglass hot tub on the boat deck as well!. I have the supports added to the overhang for extra security.

We really did not use the tub very often so I sold it last year, but it was fun at times
                  Afterglow 4788
                  Gary Weiss
                  Sidney BC
                  ArbutusCoastYachts.com

Comment

Working...
                  X