Bayliner 38xx wiring diagram (as image files)-gctid809311

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner 38xx wiring diagram (as image files)-gctid809311

I created image files of these (came from the old owner's manual)...figured I'd share them here...enjoy!

Page 1:

Page 2:

You should be able to download them if needed by right-clicking and selecting "Save image as...".

Cheers,

Dave

Actually, one thing I'm looking for and can't seem to find...there's a macerator pump under the galley floor (IIRC) plumbed to the holding tank (no idea if it even works). I can't find the switch to turn that pump on...but I could imagine being offshore and needing to pump out the holding tank, so I at least need to know where it is and if the pump works. I've tried to see where the wiring leads, but it's not easy to see and follow. Anyone know where that switch is? I see a switch marked "waste" on the wiring diagram (and I'm assuming that's the switch to turn on the macerator pump), I just don't know where that switch actually is.

Cheers,

Dave

Comment

On my 1988 3818 it's a button just above the ignition switches. There are a bunch of circuit breakers with round red resets but, at least on mine, there is a black button at the bottom of the starboard column.

My maserator is located next to the holding tank with access to it through the floor hatch at the base of the bed. The pumps I have under the galley are the sump from the bathtub mounted on a cross brace at the forward end and the domestic water pump located toward the aft/inboard of the opening next to the stringer. The sump I installed looks very similar to some maserator pumps.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      MMSI 367770440

Comment

Actually, I think I have the macerator pump location wrong...the shower sump pump is under the galley floor, and yes the macerator pump is under the front stateroom floor near the holding tank. And yeah, they do look similar (similar purpose).

I don't remember seeing a switch near the starboard ignition switches other than the shutdown and pre-heat pushbuttons...BUT, I've got the big captain's chair sitting there, and it might be hiding it from me. I'll look this weekend...thank you! Is it a pushbutton, rocker switch, or toggle switch?

Dave

Comment

One other thing I want to add is someway to operate the windlass from the flybridge helm and from the salon helm. I see the circuit on the wiring schematic, but I suspect it's not quite as simple as it's pic-tated. ;-) I'm not sure if it would be better to put solenoids in parallel with the footswitches on the bow and run smaller gauge wiring to the helms, or better to just run heavy gauge wiring up to both helms...hmmm. Either way, that's a project for later this year or early next year.

Dave

Comment

It's a button just like the horn button on the 12v panel. It's just above the shutdown and preheat buttons, about chair seat height on my boat.

I also want to remotely control my anchor winch, I think. I need to talk to some of the more experienced skippers on thar one. I'm not so sure I won't end up going to the bow anyway to uncover the winch, open the haws, trip the anchor over center to prep it for lowering then the reverse when retrieving and stowing it. If a skipper did a lot of single handing it might be better to have engine controls hidden at the bow. Obviously no perfect solution.
            P/C Pete
            1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
            MMSI 367770440

Comment

Unless you have a riser on your winch, you can't drop the anchor remotely. You have to go out front and loosen the chain a bit, then push the anchor over the pulpit. I guess you could pull it up from a remote station but I find I have to push the chain over in the locker or it piles up.

Comment

"Johnny Vintage" post=809455 wrote:
                Unless you have a riser on your winch, you can't drop the anchor remotely. You have to go out front and loosen the chain a bit, then push the anchor over the pulpit. I guess you could pull it up from a remote station but I find I have to push the chain over in the locker or it piles up.
                Mine is a plow-type anchor that is very front heavy, and as long as it's not pulled in too tight by the windlass (and jammed, like I did once before), it'll roll out by just hitting the footswitch. I haven't anchored a lot in this boat yet, so I might run into other difficulties...we'll see. That's why this isn't too high on the priority list, though.

Dave

Comment

I have a plow type anchor also on my 3870. It has no problem rolling out when it is released. I wired a remote switch up on the top helm station. I use the lower helm station less than one percent of the time. It is a rocker switch that came with the Lewmar anchor winch. I used a three conductor drop cord, I think it was a 14 gauge. Cut both ends off. Hooked it up from the solenoid at the winch and ran it along the starboard bulkhead, through the hanging locker, through the head, under the galley cabinets into the cave and up the wiring pipe to the upper helm. The switch is a two way momentary switch. Using the green, black and the white wire of the drop cord I put the green on the 12v input to the solenoid and the black wire to the side that lets the chain out, and the white wire to the side that brings the chain in. Up top I put the green wire on the center pin of the switch and the black on the forward pin, and the white on the rear pin. I have all chain and yes I did have the problem of it pilling up in the chain locker. To solve this problem I cut a 3 1/2 " whole in the bottom of the chain locker right below where the chain droops into the chain locker, and another hole in the top of the storage locker at the head of the bed in the forward bedroom. I was not using this storage area for anything. I put a peace of 4" pvc pipe under the chain locker to the top of the storage locker. Now the chain falls into the lower locker first and then fills up the pipe into the upper locker. I have had no problem of chain pilling up since this project was completed. I hope this will give you some ideas.
                  Just love being on my 3870............Bill
                  1985 3870
                  Twin 130 Mits. not turbo charged
                  Name of boat is "Plenty Of Fish"
                  Live on board full time.
                  North Myrtle Beach, SC

Comment

I was at my boat today reinstalling my repaired charger/inverter and took a quick look for the location of my maserator button. OOPS! It's actually located on a panel of circuit breakers below the engine controls starboard to the starting and shut down panel. The button is labeled "Discharge" and at the center of the bottom row.
                    P/C Pete
                    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
                    MMSI 367770440

Comment

I've installed remote anchoring switches at both helms in my 38.

For a few hundred dollars I bought an anchoring "kit" with a box full of solenoids which I mounted in the anchor locker, they run in parallel with the foot switches so they still work (but I have never used them since!)

Then it was just a matter of running some wires to the switches that I installed at both helms.... and WAAA LAHHHH !

Best thing I ever did!

Comment

HUH!! Weird.

I have a heavy Bruce and I have to let a little chain out, then push it over. No way it will fall by itself. I anchor a lot. You guys that can do that, is there a riser under your winch?

I know they didn't come with one but a lot of guys with the 38's have done this for that very reason.

Comment

"Johnny Vintage" post=809611 wrote:
                          HUH!! Weird.

I have a heavy Bruce and I have to let a little chain out, then push it over. No way it will fall by itself. I anchor a lot. You guys that can do that, is there a riser under your winch?

I know they didn't come with one but a lot of guys with the 38's have done this for that very reason.
                          I'm not sure what you're calling a "riser"...can you post a pic?

Cheers,

Dave

Comment

I have the stock Muir Cougar installation. It has a 2" riser under it which I believe was a factory setup. My previous anchor, a 20# CQR wouldn't self launch, but have since upgraded to a Rocna Vulcan 45# which self launches without any problem.

When I installed our side power bow thruster, I also purchased the remote control thruster control with anchor launch and retrieve function in lieu of a lower helm control. Wireless transmitter is located under the upper helm so has decent range. I just have to install the solenoids at the windlass foot switches.

James
                            1989 Bayliner 3888, 175 Hinos,
                            Hurth 630's Onan 8kw MDKD
                            Lowrance Electronics!
                            Boating on Georgian Bay & the North Channel
                            Completed the Great Loop 07/25/19
                            AGLCA #8340
                            MTOA# 7469

Comment

My brother just helped me install a remote switch and wireless remote for my windless, here's a pic.

Attached files

1989 3888
                              Hino 210's

Comment

Working...
                              X