Engines not reaching full RPM-gctid809207

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engines not reaching full RPM-gctid809207

After 10 years of regular useage, and due to a laundry list of reasons, our 4588 with 220's became a Marina Queen for the past two years. I kept up with the washing, waxing, varnish and bottom but the engines got very little work. Now that I have the time and focus for boating again I find that disuse has created a gremlin or two. The engines are not reaching full RPM and the boat won't come up on plane with the starboard lagging at 2400 and the port a little better at 2700, but still 500 off customary WOT. The mechanic seems to think that an issue in the starboard is dragging the port down. The bottom is freashly painted, props and turbos spin freely with no drag. Next step is changing all the filters but I am reaching out to the board to see if anyone has thoughts or has experienced something similar. Thanks in advance

My advice is to check and change all your filters :side:

No reason to look at anything else until you are sure your engines are getting all the fuel and air they can use.
    . . .It places the lotion in the Basket. . .and that basket happens to be in a 1987 Bayliner 3870 w/ Hino 175's

Comment

Since you don't indicate black exhaust and have reached WOT prior with same fuel, props, bottom clean and weight onboard - likely not an overload situation. Appears like you are stepping through a process of elimination and fuel filters would be the next step or fuel quality. If you have Racor prefilters with guages - check the differential pressure between tank and filter while attempting WOT. Next clogged injectors would have the same effect as well as timing. Make sure your air filters are clean is an easy check.
      MY 3988
      M/V MMPOWRD
      Poulsbo, WA

Comment

Working...
      X