Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redo of the upper helm dashboard on my (39)87 32MY with multi-function gauges.-gctid807898

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redo of the upper helm dashboard on my (39)87 32MY with multi-function gauges.-gctid807898

I'd like to redo the upper helm dashboard on my 32 MY with multi-function gauges.

I want ; 1) Engine Oil Pressure, 2) Coolant Temp, 3) Alternator Volts, 4) Transmission Temperature.

(I have installed transmission temperature sensors in each tranny's coolant line.) I want to be able to view the engine and drive system crucial information with a glance at each of the multi-function gauges. I want needles that point at a number or range for each function for engine to engine quick comparison. No digitals and no dialing for data

I bought a pair of 'BORGWARNER OVERSIZED MULTI-FUNCTION BLACK FACE GAUGE 691 3-00102-01' from eBay. Unfortunately they seem to be unique and dedicated only to a particular boat or engine manufacturers proprietary system. No specific information is available for them. These are digitally driven by multiplexed data.

I cut the back off one to see if I could rewire it and drive the individual gauges. But I found that they are not spring return type gauges in which increased current-flow creates greater deflection. I can't even McGyver these into use with the resistance based sensors on my boat.

Anybody know of a reasonable cost solution for multis or making these BORGWARNERs work?
Working...
X