Walker air sep. best place to buy?-gctid806225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walker air sep. best place to buy?-gctid806225

I want to replace my air sep air cleaner and the deal that holds it. There's foam on the inside and it's crumbling. Also i think the foam inside where the lines hook up are saturated with oil.

So where's the best place to buy. I have access to a good port supply account. But I know a lot of times there's better places to buy things.
    2001 4788
    1991 4387
    Twin Hino 250
    Don't let anyone steal your happy
    Capt. Dave

You may want to look at the Racor CCV 4500 and the matching air cleaner as an alternative option while you are at it.

I dumped my walkers for the Racor system and they are much cleaner.
    "Adios Dinero"
    1997 3988 with new 330 Cummins
    Photo Credit: Whiskywizard

Comment

Could you explain a little. And does bolt right up or fit the same way. I'm not sure what you mean by cleaner
      2001 4788
      1991 4387
      Twin Hino 250
      Don't let anyone steal your happy
      Capt. Dave

Comment

The Walker system has a large and small air filter element. The large is for the usual purpose plus a foam filter to trap oil mist and the smaller one to regulate some of the blowby.

The parker system has a blowby filter to trap the oil mist before it reaches the air filter and a separate air filter housing (sorry, I said air cleaner in my first post) that holds a similar washable filter to the Walker filter but in a noise reducing housing. The result is less oil mist reaching the turbo.AND the aftercooler and longer times between aftercooler service.

http://www.parker.com/literature/Rac...cts_-_7790.pdf
        "Adios Dinero"
        1997 3988 with new 330 Cummins
        Photo Credit: Whiskywizard

Comment

Dave,

I replaced the stock Cummins system with the filters that Tony Athens, Seaboard Marine sells along with the envirovent kit. I'm going to put the stock stuff on eBay. Nothing wrong with it. I just have become a believer in Tony's recommendations.

Steve
          2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
          12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
          MV Kia Orana
          Currently Enjoying the PNW

Comment

Working...
          X