Breathed Life Into Boat Today-gctid806128

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breathed Life Into Boat Today-gctid806128

Boat seemed kinda lonely today after sitting alone for 7 months and not run for almost a year due to wife's surgery. Boat under cover but covered with bird crap, dirt and some salt spray. No charger on engine start battery or gen set battery all that time. Had block heater on engines and a heat lamp aimed at gen set. All started easy with amazing little smoke. One head worked OK, the other had shaft frozen. Light tweek on shaft end with stubby screw driver in slot cured that. Diesel furnace started and ran perfect. Had a small problem shutting it down. Next week boat gets cleaned and waxed top to waterline. Still having family discussion on hoe far north we are going this year. Wife says Nanaimo, I want to go back to Broughtons again. Wife says she will no longer jump to dock to tie up, so that requires a perfect skipper. Will have to get dinghy in water and check out it's Honda. Likely do that in next month.
    Started boating 1965
    Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

A bit like a loyal dog...sits and waits for you, pay a little attention and lights right up, as glad to see you as you are to see them! I bet it's great to be back aboard. It was sure good to get back aboard ours the last couple of weeks! Have a wonderful season!
    2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
    12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
    MV Kia Orana
    Currently Enjoying the PNW

Comment

Our Sundeck requires my wife to stay on board while docking. We use headsets so we can talk in a normal tone while she guides me at the helm. When close to the dock cleat, she slips a stern line around the cleat while still on board. Secures it back on the aft cleat of our boat, then does the same on the bow. All the while, I am at the helm controlling the boat. Of course, this does not work if the dock has a 4X4 running the length of the dock to tie off to... Then she is at the helm while I jump for the dock...

Enjoy the season!
      1992 3288, twin Hino 150's sold
      S. Puget Sound

Comment

Working...
      X