X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cool_Beans
    Supporting Member
    • Nov 2015

3870 Forward Hatch Part Numbers-gctid804935

Tried searching and got some leads. I sent pictures and contacted pompanete. Whoever I was talking with said I had 100 series cast. . .but mine don't look like the picture he/she sent me. . .

Anyone have the part number of the hatch so I can call back with something a bit more concrete than a picture? Or, where can I get a complete handle assembly for the hatch over the master bathroom?

you guys are the best!
    . . .It places the lotion in the Basket. . .and that basket happens to be in a 1987 Bayliner 3870 w/ Hino 175's
  • kev_rm
    Seasoned Member
    • Sep 2016

My handles as follows for all three hatches (three left and three right)

Comment

• kev_rm
      Seasoned Member
      • Sep 2016

Comment

• Cool_Beans
        Supporting Member
        • Nov 2015

You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman B)

Are the locking handles an update to an older style handle? Mine look like round plastic slugs...on the other hand, I make the assumption they are original to the hatch :dry:

. . .It places the lotion in the Basket. . .and that basket happens to be in a 1987 Bayliner 3870 w/ Hino 175's

Comment

• Cool_Beans
          Supporting Member
          • Nov 2015

I pulled a handle to send pictures to my Bomar contact. . .from what I can gather, they are original and discontinued. . .the handles you show look like they would fit? Might be worth buying one and trying it out.

Attached files

Comment

• kev_rm
            Seasoned Member
            • Sep 2016

yep my old ones were identical to yours. The only thing that I learned with the new handles is they come with a number of nylon inserts /washers in them and if you don't take them out you will think the handle isn't for the right height of lip, but they are adjustable by taking the inserts out (or putting back in) I think I ended up taking out about 5 per handle, leaving 3 but don't quote me on that.

also FWIW with respect to their customer service, one gal I talked to didn't know a lot and told me I was out of luck but but the gal who knew her stuff was [email protected] (and I'm sure she's mortified now that her email has been forever archived on this site )

Comment

• Cool_Beans
              Supporting Member
              • Nov 2015

A gentleman and scholar indeed! I swung by Westmarine and bought one they had on the shelf to see if it fit. It does, thought I need to trim my support rod. When engaged in the hole in the new handle, it moves the rod back a 1/2" and now it hits the frame before closing. . .that will probably be project 87 of 968 projects currently known inch: I need to move it up some for the coming summer down pours :whistle:

Thanks again!

Comment

• kev_rm
                Seasoned Member
                • Sep 2016

Now that you mention it I did need to do a little trimming of a couple rods - Can't remember exactly why but no big deal.

Comment

Working...