Vinyl wall covering, 3288-gctid803767

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vinyl wall covering, 3288-gctid803767

My '94 3288 has some areas forward where the vinyl wall covering is peeling off. I saw the posts about the glue to use, but nothing about replacing the vinyl. I'd like to match the existing covering so I don't have to replace everything. I tried Sherwin Williams but nothing really matched, and I'd have to buy an entire roll just to replace a total of maybe two square feet. Any thoughts on matching vinyl and suppliers? Thanks.

Attached files

I'm afraid there's nothing but bad news on this one. The way these are constructed, the wall finish goes on the plywood before any cutting. They cut most of the plywood on a CNC machine then assemble from there with some trim to fit. You might try Great Lakes Skipper as a resource, and it will probably take a phone call where when they say "can I help you?" Your response should be "I'm probably beyond help".

You are going to be in for more than you need no matter what, just like fixing wallpaper in a house. You will also find that the original has faded a bit making matching more of a challenge.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

We had some badly stained wall vinyl on our 4087. It wasn't torn so we ended up painting it with a good rattle can paint. Its been on for 6 years with no issues. We wiped it down with Isopropyl alcohol then mild soap and water. Could you just try one wall in a contrasting color as we did?.

If you can't get a good match maybe a recover and spray might work again with a contrasting color rather than match? Other option is a very thin veneer of teak, that won't show the patches trimmed and glued in place. Then maybe a bit of 3/4 round teak for the edges to help it blend in?
      1996 4087 Lazy Days
      2011 11’ West Marine Rib 350 Lazy Mac
      2011 Porsche Cayman
      2010 Lexus IS 250C
      2008 Honda Ridgeline

Comment

I have found close matches to vinyl at Joanne's fabric. I took a small piece with me and found a very close match. Although, it took me an hour of searching the store to find the small stack of vinyl in the store. I used this for backing on furniture in the boat. After a month I couldn't tell the new from the existing.

You might also try a foam/fabric store. They often carry this kind of stuff for outdoor furniture.
        1992 3288, twin Hino 150's sold
        S. Puget Sound

Comment

Working...
        X