Bayliner 3288 aft cabin bunk size.-gctid802990

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner 3288 aft cabin bunk size.-gctid802990

Hi folks I'm sure there have been discussions about this in the past but I can't find them. We leaving from Alaska to pick up our new/old 3288 in Sidney B.C. and we need to take bed sheets for the aft cabin. Folks have called the bunk a King but is it really? Will California King sheets fit or do we really have to pick up full sized King sheets? Anyone have measurements? Sure would appreciate any info so we'll have the right sheets when we head south. Thanks much!

It is a straight King (72" x 72")
    Greg A.
    1994 4788
    "Simplicity"
    2002 Capri 175
    "Little GFI"
    Boat on the Sac/San Joaquin Delta

Comment

200cm x 200cm x 10cm thick.
      A lifetime of racing everything from dinghies to world girdlers, but one of those lucky people who just love being afloat. So .... when the body doesn't work like before, it doesn't mean staying ashore.
      Blustery Day
      Bayliner 3288 Motoryacht, 1991.
      Twin Hino 150hp diesels.
      Purchased 23 February 2017

Comment

So, more like 79".
        A lifetime of racing everything from dinghies to world girdlers, but one of those lucky people who just love being afloat. So .... when the body doesn't work like before, it doesn't mean staying ashore.
        Blustery Day
        Twin Hino 150hp diesels.

Comment

Absolutely certain about the standard King size but I think that would be more like 76x80.
          CapMartin, Montr├®al
          "Belle de Dalhousie"
          1986 3270
          Volvo BB225B

Comment

I thought a standard King is square and California King is narrower but longer.

Edit: I was half correct :lol: CapMartin has it.

Here's some info
            Dave
            Edmonds, WA
            "THE FIX"
            '93 2556
            Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
            Misc. projects thread
            https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

It's standard king size for the sheets but the length of the mattress differs (forward length 3" more that aft length) due to the narrowing of the hull.
              NILE
              1989 3288MY 305's US Marine
              Fort Lauderdale Florida

Comment

I measured for fitted sheets just a few days ago, so you can believe me .....
                Blustery Day
                Twin Hino 150hp diesels.

Comment

I use king size sheets, but queen blankets and comforter because there is no overhang on the one side or the foot of the mattress.

Greg
                  Newport, Oregon
                  South Beach Marina
                  1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
                  Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
                  Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

I'd be like a kid in a candy shop on a trip like that and could never hit the bed sheets anyways.

I don't know why I thought of this and you may already have one but if you don't please consider getting a carbon monoxide detector.

If someone wanted a little shut eye while the other decided to push on it would be comforting to know you have that protection.

Just in the last year we've had two deaths resulting from someone taking a snooze in the aft cabin.

Your trip sounds mighty exciting....good luck
                    Dan
                    Frostbite Falls, Minnesota
                    Claudia V. III
                    1988 - 3218
                    Gas Drives

Comment

I measured mine a few months ago, just a tad under 79 by 79.
                      John Rupp
                      1989 2455 Ciera Sunbridge
                      5.8 OMC Cobra

1989 3288
                      Starshine
                      Hino 135

Comment

Thank you Dan. I don't know if the boat has a detector back there or not but I will install one before I leave. I've made the trip many times and it's a beautiful trip but it's the real deal and my internal hyper-alert mode doesn't shut down until I reach Duke Island in Alaska.

Comment

Working...
                        X