Fresh water tank in a 3888-gctid802616

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh water tank in a 3888-gctid802616

Got a small hole in my fresh water tank. Does anyone know if there are baffles in the tank. Trying to figure out if I can cut a access hole in the top. Maybe get in there and apoxie it or somthing to seal it up till I have more time to do a replacement. Thanks

Attached files

Good timing, you need to have a look at this thread: http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/in...original-place
    Mike
    "Allante I" Rayburn 75
    Previous: '97 4788

Comment

Thanks. Wow right good timing!! Anyone no of a product I could dump in and it would seal the hole for a summer. Just don't want to tear into it now. I would think there would be somthing that would clog it up. Thanks

Comment

If your water tank inside bottom is anything like mine, the surface is really rough. You might consider adding a tank under the master bunk and plumbing it past your current tank. It would get you through the summer, but you would have less water than you are accustomed to. The advantages are the added weight to get the bow down and the added capacity when you get the main tank back on line.

Great picture of the bottom of your tank.
        P/C Pete
        Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
        Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
        MMSI 367770440

Comment

Ok. Thanks. Any idea what tank I would get for under the bow birth. I do not have the Ac unit under the birth so lots of room. Thanks

Comment

This is 50 gallons

I also have a bladder under hatch I did not want tank to block hatch I still have factory tank installed

Roy

Ketchikan Alaska

Attached files

1988 3818
            EH 700
            Custom hard top enclosed

Comment

Roy, where did you get your tank and how much was it in round numbers? Same questions for you bladder tank. If, of course, you don't mind anyone plagiarizing your work. Btw, nice looking installation.

Pete
              P/C Pete
              Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
              1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
              Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
              MMSI 367770440

Comment

If you can live with a bit smaller size. A 40 gallon bladder fits under the fwd hatch, just in front of the holding tank. This allows you to still have storage under the bed. or an AC unit.

David

Comment

I would like to get a tank like that yellow one. Where would I look? Plastic? Thanks!

Comment

Hi all

I had a 50 gallon bladder first but it was a pia to bleed all the air out and I wanted to get my storage back so I had the tank made

I made a plywood mock up to make sure I could slip it in as you have to cut the bed support it could be a little longer but I did not want to block the hatch because there is a 30 badder under it I did the finish work it is apoxy polimne a/c primer with clear over it the basic tank cost $700 made out of one size of Alluminum thick than recommended I installed a lift strut bed at the same time to make it easier to get into it

Hope this helps

Roy

Ketchikan Alaska

Attached files

1988 3818
                    EH 700
                    Custom hard top enclosed

Comment

That looks great Roy. I am gonna be doing the same project. Would you happen to have demensions of the tank you built. Otherwise I will have to make a template. No biggie. Just would speed up the process. Thanks again. I will wait till fall to tear out old tank. It would be nice if there was a product you could dump in the old tank that would self level throughout and fill the pin holes and all the other spots that are gonna start to leak. Thanks

Comment

While aluminum certainly works, plastic is a much better material for potable water. If you do a search for, RV Water Tanks, you will find a number of companies that carry standard tanks in many sizes and configurations. Maybe one will work for your application. Moreover, a search for, custom rv water tank, brings up a few manufacturers that will make a custom tank.
                        1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
                        2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
                        Anacortes, WA

Comment

I would second the "aluminum makes no sense as a replacement" idea

Comment

Ok. I just have a friend with a fab shop and could have it made almost free. Just figured the old one made it almost 30 years.

Comment

Are you able to get to the hole from the bottom? I wouldn't be past taking some coarse sand paper and sanding down the surface really good, then using some JB weld (if metal), or plastifix over the hole. It looks like a smaller hole.

Comment

Working...
                              X