What model of Sherwood Pump do I have?-gctid801976

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What model of Sherwood Pump do I have?-gctid801976

I am trying to replace my impellers and I can't find the model number of my sherwood pump, can anyone help me. I have a 1996 Byliner 3587 with 6BT 5.9 M2.

Thanks,

Rob

1996 Bayliner 3587
    Twin Cummins 6BT5.9

Sherwood 17000

Order a pair of K models with the remover for your first order. The threaded remover is a big asset.
    "Adios Dinero"
    1997 3988 with new 330 Cummins
    Photo Credit: Whiskywizard

Comment

"The Other Gary" post=801978 wrote:
      Sherwood 17000

Order a pair of K models with the remover for your first order. The threaded remover is a big asset.
      Thanks for that! Very timely post as I am also replacing impellers and came across the threaded impeller for the first time.

Do you know if that thread is a standard machine thread? I tried 1/2" NPT (thinking I would make my own tool out of a nipple and Tee) but didn't fit. I am going to try 18mm and 3/4" bolts to see if they fit, otherwise I will try to chase down a proper puller.

Comment

I believe they are 3/4"-16 thread. You can get a nicely shaped handle tool for about $12
        Mike
        "Allante I" Rayburn 75
        Previous: '97 4788

Comment

Johnson Pumps 09-704BT-1 might be cheaper
          1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

Something for future consideration the next time you are ready to replace impellers is to upgrade the pumps to a Seaboard Marine SMX pump.

http://www.sbmar.com/product/smx-1730-seawater-pump/

The Sherwood pumps are very prone to failure (yes, I have experience) and the SMX corrects the design defects of the Sherwood. People that have upgraded have been very happy with the change (me included)

In the case of my Sherwood failure, the inner part of the impeller shaft has a groove machined into it for a snap ring, which creates a weak point for the shaft where it will shear off. Once this happens, you lose your water flow...
            Pat
            Paragon
            1999 4788

Comment

Thanks for help everyone. Impellers and new "T" handle ordered.
              1996 Bayliner 3587
              Twin Cummins 6BT5.9

Comment

Working...
              X