3888 Information-gctid801865

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3888 Information-gctid801865

Just purchased a 1989 3888 and need a bit of info. Can anyone tell me where to find the engine serial number also the compliance plate? I have twin US Marine 351 engines. My wife and I have crawled every space we can fit into, have found the transmission plates. Just can't find the engine and Canadian Compliance plate.

I have the same boat, I have never found any serial number on or around the engines. I also have not seen a compliance plate... I have never been asked about one before, is this for insurance ? I wonder if all the information is contained in the hull serial number ? I have heard of a database of bayliner serial numbers but I can't find it on the interweb, Maybe someone else here has a link.
    1990 3888 Bayliner, Twin 351's

Comment

Yes it is for insurance & to register the vessel

On another note, why does this site continually require to fhave annoying Capthia code every time you post?

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Please fill in your profile and/or signature.

I found this statement in a Transport Canada site: "The requirement to attach a Compliance Notice does not apply in the following cases: - a vessel that is constructed or imported by an individual for their personal use. https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafet...otices-120.htm. Maybe your boat was personally imported, rather than imported by a distributor.
        1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
        2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
        Anacortes, WA

Comment

My US boat had the oil placard on engine room door (inside) and garbage placard on underside of corner galley cabinet lid.

Comment

They'll be along the oil pan rail for the block casting , will be XXXX-6015-X, heads will be above the exhaust ports in the middle. If its a early 351 the build date will be on a pad near the water pump on the drivers side, something like 0A15, which will mean Jan.5 1970. Hope this helps.
            1985 3870 175hp Hino's

Comment

Welcome to the forum!!

Congrats on the 38, you will love it.

The captcha will go away after you enter it and log in a few times. It keeps the spammers away.
              Joel
              1987 3818 Hino 175
              "Knotty Girl"
              Prince Rupert B.C.

Comment

Working...
              X