45xx/4788 standup engine room-gctid801622

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

45xx/4788 standup engine room-gctid801622

I have been told that several years ago someone posted a "how-to" either a video or a text on how to open up the center portion of the engine room on a 45xx or a 4788 into a standing area.

Does anyone remember the post? Several people have told me about it, and one of them has actually done it to his boat. It's a great project!
    1991 4588
    SE Michigan

Hi its located in the completed projects lists nice project to do did mine last year

Comment

I did my 1994 4788. You can't tell it wasn't a factory job. It has made all the difference in getting into the engine room. I wouldn't be without it.

Comment

I totally agree. It makes engine checks and working on the engines much easier! The PO did it on our boat. He also installed hatches on the outboard side of the port engine. Very very nice as well! John Higgins did a great right up on how to do the center hatch a few years ago.
        2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
        12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
        MV Kia Orana
        Currently Enjoying the PNW

Comment

Any chance someone has a good reference to the engine room access updates to the 45XX/4788? Went into completed projects and did several searches back to 2007. Seems the article(s) re the updates to access the engine room are older than 2007 and reference is made to old website articles. Do not know how to access these. Any help much appreciated.

I really like the Pilothouse boats but stopped looking once I "tried" to get into the engine room area. I am 5'10" 212 lbs It concerned me the limited access meant "limited" ability to do maintenance and repairs especially given the age of the boats. I realize you guys get it done but improved access would change the whole dynamic for me.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
          Joseph P Smith aka Joe

Comment

Here you go!

http://baylinerownersclub.org/index....ne-salon-hatch
            John H
            Brisbane QLD Aust
            "Harbor-nating"

2000 - 4788/Cummins 370's

Comment

I cannot imagine having a 4788 without the engine room center hatch.

We never even open the "door" in the forward bulhead.

KEVIN SANDERS
              4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
              www.transferswitch4less.com

where are we right now?

https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

Thank you, John. I was told it was here but couldn't find it. That is a very nice write up. Very complete. Some of the attached photos have been lost apparently, (Attachment photo1.jpg not found) but there's enough information for me to proceed. Thanks again.
                1991 4588
                SE Michigan

Comment

Working...
                X