4588 Flybridge enclosure cost?-gctid801154

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4588 Flybridge enclosure cost?-gctid801154

What is a fair price for a Bimini and enclosure on a 4588? I'm in Channel Islands, Ca & my Bimini was blown off in a wind storm, cracked Venturi and bent Bimini frame.

When I got a quote for my enclosure on my 4588 a few years back it was $15,000. A friend of mine did his bridge bimini,, not an enclosure, and had his cockpit enclosed for $12,000 on his 4588. That was last year. Another friend of mine just got a quote to enclose his bridge and his quote was $14,000.

Ultimately, no matter how you slice it, enclosures are expensive, but you can save some money if they can save some of your old Bimini or something.,, just a thought.

BJ

OMEGA

BJ
    OMEGA

Comment

Just had my flybridge enclosed completely. The cost for my flybridge enclosed was $5,500.00. I think it depends on who you use. It was worth the money as we now have an entire new room we can use year round. I completed that project in January of this year.
      Vice Commodore
      Fox Island Yacht Club
      '92 4588
      Lucy Jayne
      Gig Harbor, WA

Comment

I'm doing my own. Literally sewing tonight. just taking a BOC break.

Starting with the cockpit enclosure, then will tackle the flybridge.

KEVIN SANDERS
        4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
        www.transferswitch4less.com

where are we right now?

https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

Years ago when up in your area we used Ron's Custom Marine Canvas & Upholstery ÔÇâ

in Ventura, California

Address: 2889 Bunsen Ave, Ventura, CA 93003

Phone: (805) 658-6111

Did nice work at a reasonable price. Of the years we have learned if you are not in rush with Canvas people the cost goes way down. What drive up the cost are the back and forth trips to measure, test fit and final fit, so if they can do two or three boats in each trip from there shop it save them time and $$

just sharing

PS we went to a hard top which the ROI was equal to 2 Bimini only replacements. and we did not enclose our fly bridge, prefer the pilot house when it is cold or rainy out.
          Mark
          USCG OUPV
          1990 4588
          Carlsbad, CA

Comment

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
            X