32xx rear cockpit drains-gctid801060

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32xx rear cockpit drains-gctid801060

The rear cockpit drains on my 88 3270 are completely rusted out. Anyone know a source for them? The Home Depot one are not maine grade stainles and will not stand up to the salt water.

Thanks

Jim
    1988 3270 With 135 Hinos

"Wild Blue Yonder" post=801060 wrote:
    The rear cockpit drains on my 88 3270 are completely rusted out. Anyone know a source for them? The Home Depot one are not maine grade stainles and will not stand up to the salt water.

Thanks

Jim
    http://www.gemlux.com/catalog/Deck-Drains
    Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
    Twin 350 GM power
    Located in Seward, AK
    Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Great resource for fittings at a reasonable price.

Thanks

Comment

I bought some last summer at Boaters Discount Center in LaConner, WA.

Comment

Thanks. I think I got the last ones from Boaters Discount and they only lasted a couple of years. A couple of years ago I heard about a 38 that sank because the drain stem rusted out and all the rain went straight to the bilge. Pumps could not keep up and down she went.

Jim
          1988 3270 With 135 Hinos

Comment

About four years ago I replaced mine with the seven dollar ones from either Home Depot or Lowe's can't remember. They seem to be doing fine. I'm pretty sure Bayliner didn't use any expensive ones when they made the boat, and they lasted what 25 years?

The only time mine see salt water is when the crab pots get pulled in, and then usually that afternoon I rinse off the deck when I get back to the marina.

Make sure you use a good sealsnt though, when I first put mine in I didn't use something good and water was getting between the drain in the deck so basically it was useless.
            Esteban
            Huntington Beach, California
            2018 Element 16
            Currently looking for 32xx in South Florida
            Former Bayliners: 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

"green650" post=801471 wrote:
              About four years ago I replaced mine with the seven dollar ones from either Home Depot or Lowe's can't remember. They seem to be doing fine. I'm pretty sure Bayliner didn't use any expensive ones when they made the boat, and they lasted what 25 years?

The only time mine see salt water is when the crab pots get pulled in, and then usually that afternoon I rinse off the deck when I get back to the marina.

Make sure you use a good sealsnt though, when I first put mine in I didn't use something good and water was getting between the drain in the deck so basically it was useless.
              Ditto - Home depot units in my boat as well. They're degrading for sure, but not badly and as stated, the originals lasted 25 years.

Comment

Working...
              X