Onan gen issue-gctid800821

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onan gen issue-gctid800821

The Gen start, generate 123 ac but runs only if i hold the elm start switch in the start position. i really need a wiring diagram from the lower Elm to the generator for properly diagnostic.

Good oil pressure, new fuel and oil filters

Any help is appreciated. thanks

1989 3818 based in the Bohemia river, upper bay
    1989 3818 "MARECHIARO"
    Upper Chesapeake Bay

Not familiar with your model, but there probably is an oil pressure shutdown switch in the run circuit. Check it and its connectors.

Last spring my westerbeke did the same thing, just needed to clean and, tighten and resecure the oil shutdown switch connections.

Comment

You my have the same problem I have with my onan. Turn on the microwave or something else to put a load on the generator. Mine will start when I do this. Once it starts I turn the microwave off. Also I always tell folks if they have a older genset like mine there was a recall on the exhaust. they will fix it free of charge. It has killed a few folks in their sleep.
      Dan
      Frostbite Falls, Minnesota
      Claudia V. III
      1988 - 3218
      Gas Drives

Comment

Dan, what model do you have? I have a MDKD and couldn't find anything on line except some portable onans.
        P/C Pete
        Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
        Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
        MMSI 367770440

Comment

sorry Pete,

We took off on a 5.5 hour drive to Buenos Aires before I saw your question. I wont be home until saturday and then I can answer your question. Now ya got me thinking. It might have been a kohler generator on a1990 F32 I owned....... not to many brain cells left right now. :blink:
          Dan
          Frostbite Falls, Minnesota
          Claudia V. III
          1988 - 3218
          Gas Drives

Comment

Working...
          X