4788 salon questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4788 salon questions

Hi everyone. Went out to the boat today to see the new carpet and discovered that the installer had covered up the two small hatches in the salon floor. I believe the forward hatch near the bar area was to access the starboard fuel lines and sending unit at the tank. Is that correct?

The rear small hatch under the starboard settee is the one I'm not sure of. Any input would be appreciated.

We are going to be replacing the plastic lam tops with a Corian type product in the galley and salon. I'm looking to remove the stereo cabinet and was hoping someone had performed this task in the past. I see screws in the bottom but nothing anywhere else is visible. After removing these screws the cabinet is still secured in place. Any ideas?

Ciaran

1995 4788
    Last edited by ksanders; 12-14-2017, 03:13 AM.
    'No Worries'
    1995 4788
    1995 26 Albemarle CC
    Lake St Clair Mi

Yes, the small hatch near the bar area is for access to the top of the fuel tank.

The small hatch under the settee is to access the holding tank sensor.
    Pat
    Paragon
    1999 4788

Comment

Thanks Pat. I'm getting my carpet installer back out tomorrow to cut those in.

Ciaran
      'No Worries'
      1995 4788
      1995 26 Albemarle CC
      Lake St Clair Mi

Comment

We are going to be replacing the plastic lam tops with a Corian type product in the galley and salon. I'm looking to remove the stereo cabinet and was hoping someone had performed this task in the past. I see screws in the bottom but nothing anywhere else is visible. After removing these screws the cabinet is still secured in place. Any ideas?

Ciaran

1995 4788[/quote]

I removed my cabinet and made a larger one. As I recall if you remove the top first you can reach the large wood screws that attach it to the sidewall. Most of the Bayliner cabinets are held together with angle aluminum and small screws. I believe the side panel must be removed too as it's on top of the counter.

Chris

Comment

• ddorsett
          ddorsett commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm in the process of demo of that area for re-construction of a desk area... I've pulled the stereo cab and am planning out the rest- any chance you have any pics to share of your larger cabinet?

Dave

Thanks Chris. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Ciaran
        'No Worries'
        1995 4788
        1995 26 Albemarle CC
        Lake St Clair Mi

Comment

Under our S settee there are 2 6x6 hatches. One forward and one aftinside the compartment. They are definitely factory. Ours is a newer model however.
          2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
          12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
          MV Kia Orana
          Currently Alameda CA

Comment

What carpet did you replace (salon, fly bridge, hallway, staterooms?) what kind of carpet did you use? would you mind sharing your costs/
            Thanks

Comment

• ciaran
              ciaran commented
              Editing a comment
              We did the salon, pilot house, both sets of stairs, companion way and state rooms. Also added a center hatch in the salon. Cost was about 5k. It was part of a complete interior remodel that we did last winter. I will be posting some pics in January when I get out to the boat.
          Working...
          X