3888 Hurth Transmission Cooler-gctid396096

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3888 Hurth Transmission Cooler-gctid396096

Just noticed that the transmission cooler for Hurth 630A has started leaking. I can see that it has a brand on it but is illegible. Not sure where the original part comes from. Hoping to get advice thanks. Hugh
    Hugh
    1990 3888
    Hino 175 Diesels

HughfromOz wrote:
    Just noticed that the transmission cooler for Hurth 630A has started leaking. I can see that it has a brand on it but is illegible. Not sure where the original part comes from. Hoping to get advice thanks. Hugh
    Many shops can make you a cooler for your transmissions. There are numerous posts on this subject with a lot of companies identified. There are also some good thoughts on the right materials and dimensions.
    Started boating 1965
    Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

Based on information from this site, I ordered new coolers from Lenco - I believe they were O.E.M. http://www.lencocoolers.com/ . They were good to work with and shipped promptly. Fisheries Supply in Seattle also stocks coolers. If one is leaking, they are older than 7 - 8 years and used in salt water it's time to replace both of them. Good luck. Rick
      Rick
      2002, 3788

Comment

I found this one but which looks similar and very similars specs but I will check with them to see if it will do the job. Has anyone used these?

http://marineengineparts.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/product97.html

Hugh
        1990 3888
        Hino 175 Diesels

Comment

Fire Escape wrote:
          Based on information from this site, I ordered new coolers from Lenco - I believe they were O.E.M. http://www.lencocoolers.com/ . They were good to work with and shipped promptly. Fisheries Supply in Seattle also stocks coolers. If one is leaking, they are older than 7 - 8 years and used in salt water it's time to replace both of them. Good luck. Rick
          Thanks Rick, yes these look original so I don't think they have ever been replaced, so I am going to order 2 of them. It would be good to deal with lenco if they were the OEM. I have been trying to find information from Hurth about the specs on transmission coolers but have not had any luck with it.

Hugh
          Hugh
          1990 3888
          Hino 175 Diesels

Comment

Sen an email or PM to smitty447. He knows exactly what is needed. Correct materials are important.
            Started boating 1965
            Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

mmichellich wrote:
              Sen an email or PM to smitty447. He knows exactly what is needed. Correct materials are important.
              Thanks I will do that. Hugh
              Hugh
              1990 3888
              Hino 175 Diesels

Comment

PM Earl. I purchased mine through him and they were a bit cheaper than Lenco and high quality. He knows what you need
                James
                Kai Nani, Redondo Beach, CA
                1989 MY 3288
                Hino 150hp with Hurth 630A Trannies

Comment

I got mine from earl last year,great coolers better than originals..

Comment

Working...
                  X