Bayliner 3988 Infill Berth - lower saloon-gctid790608

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner 3988 Infill Berth - lower saloon-gctid790608

Hi all. Just about to complete the purchase of a 3988 (really excited to be joining you guys!)

Anyway, I've found the infill cushion to turn the L-settee in the lower saloon into an additional berth (so the boat can sleep 6), but I can't find anything for it to rest on. I asked the previous owner but he just looked at me blankly, but said he put some stuff of the boat into storage 10 years ago, but he can't really remember ...

I saw people in another topic taking about a thing with legs and U shaped hooks, that might well be what I'm after. Could anyone who has one handy, please take a pic of how the berth is setup so I can try to jog his memory?

Many thanks

James

The infill is for the table area beside the helm...so upper saloon.
    1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

What you described James is correct. It is a cloth covered piece of plywood that inserts along the edges of the lower sitting area with legs that brace the outside. It also comes with a cushion to match the height of the seat. I can't take a picture easily since ours is up in the attic in storage.

Comment

Here are some pics:

Attached files

"Impasse". 2001 3988
        Cummins 330's
        Puget Sound

"You don't want to be the richest guy in the nursing home..."

Comment

Welcome to 3988s club. I have had mine since dec (2 months). Yep I had the fillers on the boat and could not figure what they were for but finally figured it out. They are heavy and bulky so I took them off as not too many plans to sleep 6 for awhile. If you run into more questions let us know and we will try to help? There are some boat geniuses on the BOC. What year and how is your boat equipped? Nice to compare notes..
          Guntar
          1999 3988
          Cummins 270s

Comment

Great! Thanks for those pics bal! I've got the cushion from the end of the berth in the second cabin, but I haven't seen anything like that board on the boat. Where does it stow?

If it comes to it, that looks pretty easy to remake. Is that just L-angle aluminium along the edges?

Comment

Hi Guntar (and all the rest of you guys!) I'm so pleased with the boat. It's a 1998 model. We breezed through the survey yesterday. Hull completely sound, and the Cummins engineer was gushing about the condition of the engines (he thought they were repowers because they were in that good condition!). Great previous owner who is fixing al the other bits that showed up in the survey.

Have to say, this forum has been a godsend while I've been doing the purchase. There's great sharing here of experiences, problems, ideas, etc . Anything I wasn't sure about was almost always already discussed on here.

Comment

Board stows in the guest berth along the stern side of the bed, up against the bulkhead. I believe one edge of the board is L shaped and one is flat.
                "Impasse". 2001 3988
                Cummins 330's
                Puget Sound

"You don't want to be the richest guy in the nursing home..."

Comment

Mine is mounted in the overhead above the water heater in the man cave.

MY 3988
                  M/V MMPOWRD
                  Poulsbo, WA

Comment

Working...
                  X