wheels and track on 3270-gctid790574

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheels and track on 3270-gctid790574

Has any one replaced the wheels and track on their 3270? I got one finicky door. Are the wheels a standard size?
    Santa Cruz CA
    1981 3270
    1991 2556

There was a thread or two on roller replacement for the door and I will look for it but before you go and buy replacement parts check to make sure its not the exterior bulkhead rubbing against the back of the door.

Lots of sailors on this site with the 32XX have this problem. Most claim it is the weight of the flybridge bowing the bulkhead out.

My bulkhead bowed and the door gets stuck so once I pulled the boat out for winter, from the inside I took a ratchet strap like the truckers use and hooked onto the chain in the rode locker in the bow to the bulkhead in the back by the door and pulled the bulkhead in. The door slides free now so I'm hoping to reshape the bulkead to its original shape over winter. Its a crap shoot but I'll try anything once.
    Dan
    Frostbite Falls, Minnesota
    Claudia V. III
    1988 - 3218
    Gas Drives

Comment

Good advice!!!! I will look at this over the weekend.

Thanks!
      Santa Cruz CA
      1981 3270
      1991 2556

Comment

I believe the rollers are similar or the same as those used in sliding patio doors. Most door or hardware stores should have the parts you need.
        Joel
        1987 3818 Hino 175
        "Knotty Girl"
        Prince Rupert B.C.

Comment

Here is what they look like, just happened to have mine off while refurbishing the door. Little metal wheels about 1.5 inches in diameter on each end of the rail.

1987 3270 135-Hino
          Foxtrap, Newfoundland

Comment

Working...
          X