4788. TV cabinet-gctid790162

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4788. TV cabinet-gctid790162

Has anyone done anything creative with the tv and the area behind on the 4788? I currently have a flat panel tv mounted to the cabinet but want to utilize the massive dead space behind it. Was thinking maybe having the tv itself swing open on piano hinges and putting some shelves inside. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

Note: my tv is mounted on the backside of the angled part of the galley cabinet.
    1997 4788 w/Cummins
    Boston Whaler 110

Mariner,

I know our cabinets are different, but I had a similar dilemma about the space in the back of my cabinet when I removed the old tv from Omega's cabinet. I redesigned the cabinet making the front of the cabinet a storage area with shelves for games, etc. In the back, I installed an electric tv lift in the back section with a plasma tv that retracts into the cabinet when it's not I use.

~BJ

OMEGA

BJ
    OMEGA

Comment

I put in a 32-inch diagonal TV, it just sticks out a little from the front of the cabinet area. I mounted it to plywood so it does not move at all. I had custom glass doors made for storing DVDs and having a Blu-Ray player under the TV. It freed up a ton of storage accessible from the galley.

Comment

We have a flat screen TV and a shelf in the cabinet space, so two levels of storage there. .

This isn't a very good photo, but I took for inventory purposes; otherwise I would have a wider angle so you could see the entire area.

1991 57 Widebody Tollycraft "Solana"
        Formerly:
        Ladysmith, BC
        Michelle

Comment

I will send a photo of a sliding drawer/tv stand that works well for us... If you send an e-mail address. (I don't know how to successfully post a picture on this site...)

Comment

Our clever TV cabinet....

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/in...install#711358
            1997 Bayliner 4788 "Mostly Harmless"
            Sold: 1990 Bayliner 3888

Comment

I installed a 43" Visio on a retractable mount inside the port side cabinets. I then installed shelves inside the old tv cabinet and it is now our pantry.

Greg A.
              1994 4788
              "Simplicity"
              2002 Capri 175
              "Little GFI"
              Boat on the Sac/San Joaquin Delta

Comment

Wow. These are some very good ideas. I think I'll let the wife decide which one we will go with.
                1997 4788 w/Cummins
                Boston Whaler 110

Comment

There was a 4788 for sale in Ft. Meyers that had a flat screen TV that was about half the size of the cabinet. When you opened the cabinet doors the TV was attached to a drawer so you could pull it out and have storage in the drawer. There was also a drawer under the TV.

It was pretty slick. The boat has been sold so there are no pictures.
                  Hino W06
                  St. Louis, MO
                  ”It’s A Wonderful Life”

Comment

I found a picture of the tv cabinet after I removed the old crt and installed the retractable tv. It's a 55 in . I realize your cabinets are different, but maybe it'll help...

~BJ

OMEGA

BJ
                    OMEGA

Comment

Working...
                    X