• Show
Clear All

Looking For interior doors for a 2000 4788

need front stateroom entry door

need door between front stateroom and bunk bed room

need post that holds doors

Bryan - USA

360-696-9273
    Last edited by ksanders; 12-30-2017, 05:50 PM.

Bryan,

You'll probably have to fabricate them. I think most of us that have removed them are keeping the parts for resale with the boat.

I see you're in the 360 area, I'll be in Oly when it warms up again.

If you want to use my doors and post for an example to build new ones I could loan them to you.

Chris

Comment

Like Chris, I'm keeping mine for resale with the boat.

I'm at the other end of puget sound (Everett) and would also loan them to you to fabricate your own.
      Pat
      Paragon
      1999 4788

Comment

• janas
        janas commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you planning on selling anytime soon?

Bryan, I'm looking for them too.....been looking for a year now. In Vancouver. Our boat must have been changed by the first owner almost 20 years ago. The doors and post at MIA.
      1997 Bayliner 4788 "Mostly Harmless"
      Sold: 1990 Bayliner 3888

Comment

Thanks so much I may take you up on borrowing them

will let you know

Bryan

Comment

Thanks So much I may take you up on borrowing them

Thanks Bryan

Comment

We just bought a 1999 4788 - and the previous owner has the bunk room doors in his storage unit, safely stored since 2001.

We aren't intending to reinstall the doors and since we are full-time travelers we do not have a storage unit of our own

So if any of you are interested - we'd love to pass them on to any BOC member who is willing to come get them in Punta Gorda, FL.

We can probably leave them stored with the prior owner until the end of the month (March 2017) - but no longer.

Be in touch ASAP if you are interested.

Cheers,

- Chris
            Chris & Cherie - www.technomadia.com
            "Y-Not" - 1999 Bayliner 4788
            "Zephyr" - 1961 GM PD4106 Vintage Bus RV Conversion

Full-Time nomads since 2006.
            Now spending half of each year slowly doing the Great Loop in our 4788!

Comment

Welcome aboard Technomadia! We eventually hope to do the great loop. First we are headed to the great pnw for the next 4-5 years. Keep us posted on your travels! Btw very nice offer to BOC members on your interior components!
              2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
              12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
              MV Kia Orana
              Currently Alameda CA

Comment

Bryan, did you ever figure out a solution for the post and door? We're in the process of buying a 2000 4788 that no longer has the post and second door, but want to put it back together so our daughters (3 and 6 years old) can use the bunks. Curious what sort of solution you found if you ended up having them built. Thanks!
                James
                2000 4788 | "Freedom"
                Gig Harbor, WA
                11' Novurania w/40hp Yamaha
                Cummins 330's and Westerbeke 8kw
                Hull Extension, Chines and Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by Uppy22 View Post
                  Bryan, did you ever figure out a solution for the post and door? We're in the process of buying a 2000 4788 that no longer has the post and second door, but want to put it back together so our daughters (3 and 6 years old) can use the bunks. Curious what sort of solution you found if you ended up having them built. Thanks!
                  If the girls are that young, why don't you just put in a curtain. It would be a lot less cumbersome and give more room to move around. When they get older they probably won't want to sleep in the bunks anyway. For the last 14 years my daughter has pitched her tent on the flybridge when someone else is using the guest room.

Comment

• Uppy22
                    Uppy22 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've definitely considered that route, and will likely start there. My father will be doing a lot of cruising with us, so he'll be in the guest room most of the time. I'd still like to explore getting a post and door as I'm always a fan of things looking original, but might discover I really don't need it. Did you use a curtain to separate the master from the bunks? Any tips?

After 14 years, I pulled the bunks out and built in pantry storage with an additional refer. Over the years the bunks were only slept in by 4 people and they opted for an air mattress in the pilot house or salon. Oh and my daughter moved to the FB. We found the bunks just collected overflow stores, bulky items and clothes.
                  We don't have any small kids in the family. I can see where you would want them close. It may be better that they wouldn't have their own door to get out without you hearing them. I wouldn't want kids wandering around the boat while I was asleep. I never installed a curtain but had designed one to use the same curtain track and curtain style that you see on aircraft. (I'm in aviation) I had a section of track but gave it away. I never did get the curtain fabricated. Too low on the list.

Comment

• Uppy22
                    Uppy22 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    All good points. The 47 is a new boat to us, but the girls have been in their own room on our Meridian 341 for years and do fine there, so I'm not too concerned about them wandering the boat. I'd like to restore the doors, or at least have the parts available to do so. I'll keep searching.

Chris,

i would really like to see photos of that modification if you have any available. Very interesting idea.

Ciaran
                  'No Worries'
                  1995 4788
                  1995 26 Albemarle CC
                  Lake St Clair Mi

Comment

I'm in a similar situation where the previous owner removed and didn't keep the forward stateroom post and door. Surely someone has a pattern for the door/post?
                    Any recommended fabricators in the Seattle area?

Much appreciated.

Comment

When the wife and I were shopping for our boat we liked the idea of the 3rd stateroom (bunk room) for extra guests and it’s ability to extend from the master suite when the bunks are not used. After 4 seasons we have had the room used 3 times and after one night in it one of our guests opted to sleep in the salon.

The alternating door idea sounds good but the doors abstruct the mirrored closet when open to the master suite and the space consumed by the post and the need for the bunk room door is significant. We are now retired and will be spending much more time on the boat so would like to have the space in the master suite, but I don’t like the idea of a curtain for times when we would actually use the bunks as it just does not feel private.

so, I have redesigned and am installing a new configuration. I have made the door post movable so in one position it extends the master suite And includes the space at the top of the stair so we gain that area into the suite when the bunks are not being used. When we want the bunk room the post moves approximately to its original position and locks into a set of small plates in the floor and ceiling. The same door is then used for the bunk room. I then have a custom made bifold door that drops in for the master suite and a thin hardboard partition wall that replaced the door between the bunk room and the suite. The thin bifold and partition store behind the upper bunk when it is folded down as a settee.

I get both options and it only takes about 10 minutes to switch over.

I am in process with this project, but close to finish. I will be posting pictures probably in a few weeks.
                      4788 PH 2001, Cummins 370's
                      2355 C Express, 1996 5L
                      17ft Cobra, 1985, 125HP

Exploring the Salish Sea

Comment

Originally posted by Knot_Happy View Post
                        When the wife and I were shopping for our boat we liked the idea of the 3rd stateroom (bunk room) for extra guests and it’s ability to extend from the master suite when the bunks are not used. After 4 seasons we have had the room used 3 times and after one night in it one of our guests opted to sleep in the salon.

The alternating door idea sounds good but the doors abstruct the mirrored closet when open to the master suite and the space consumed by the post and the need for the bunk room door is significant. We are now retired and will be spending much more time on the boat so would like to have the space in the master suite, but I don’t like the idea of a curtain for times when we would actually use the bunks as it just does not feel private.

so, I have redesigned and am installing a new configuration. I have made the door post movable so in one position it extends the master suite And includes the space at the top of the stair so we gain that area into the suite when the bunks are not being used. When we want the bunk room the post moves approximately to its original position and locks into a set of small plates in the floor and ceiling. The same door is then used for the bunk room. I then have a custom made bifold door that drops in for the master suite and a thin hardboard partition wall that replaced the door between the bunk room and the suite. The thin bifold and partition store behind the upper bunk when it is folded down as a settee.

I get both options and it only takes about 10 minutes to switch over.

I am in process with this project, but close to finish. I will be posting pictures probably in a few weeks.
                        That sounds like a really cool solution. Please post photos!

KEVIN SANDERS
                        4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

Working...
                        X