X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mmichellich
    replied
    knuckelbuster wrote:
    Pat i looked in my manual for my WO6-DTI, Page 78, the spec indicate the relief pressure is 5.7-8.5 lbs/psi. I have 7 lbs/psi cap with overflow reservior on my Hinos.

John
    I have always used 7 PSIs on our 47 with 310 Hinos. I also highly recommend an overflow system that refills mainicooler when engine cools. This keeps mainicooler filled. Each time you start the added volume with heat releases about a half tank in the overflow.

Leave a comment:

• Papa_Charlie
    replied
    Thanks guys, I went ahead and purchased two new caps last night. Will be installing them when I service the mains and transmissions today.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Pat i looked in my manual for my WO6-DTI, Page 78, the spec indicate the relief pressure is 5.7-8.5 lbs/psi. I have 7 lbs/psi cap with overflow reservior on my Hinos.

John

Leave a comment:

• smitty477
    replied
    'They are catch type only and do not recycle back to the cooler.'

That is a shame as that will not allow for an air free envireonment in the manicooler. Perhaps it would bne easy to figure a way to improve that situation?

FWIW - we sourced our overflow bottles from NAPA on our 4588 - they were a higher capacity used for trucks at like about $12 each.

'The manuals on the engines call out either a 8.5 and 12.5 psi cap. I could not see anything that distinguished"

OK - now I feel guilty going from memory but I know for sure those are the ones we have bought over the past 18 years now for the Hino's(1 - 38 , 2 - 45's and now a 47). We have bought many as they are relatively cheap and a good item to upgarde when you do the coolant. The Hino's should not exceed about 175F and between the coolant mix and the 7 psi they shoud never come close to the boil limit. I will get a chance to check the manual on Monday as we are near the boat now as I type.

Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• Papa_Charlie
    replied
    So 7 psi caps with double seals. I do have the overflow bottles. They are catch type only and do not recycle back to the cooler.

The manuals on the engines call out either a 8.5 and 12.5 psi cap. I could not see anything that distinguished which was to be used in what application.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• smitty477
    replied
    Seven - It would be best if you had overflow bottles as well.

If you do have them make sure you get the caps with the double seals.

Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• Papa_Charlie
    started a topic Radiator Cap Pressure, W06D-TI ?-gctid393922

Radiator Cap Pressure, W06D-TI ?-gctid393922

I need to replace both of the radiator style caps on my Hino W06D-TI engines. The ones that are there are mismatched and I am unsure that who ever put them on actually used the correct relief pressure for them.

Does anyone know what the correct relief pressure is for these caps? I could not find them in the shop manual at all.
Working...
X