Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"kev_rm" post=779423 wrote:
    "TenMile" post=776959 wrote:
    I've got something similar to igiftmon but mine is made by AlbaCombi: http://www.albacombi.com/ -- allows you to take any analogue source, convert it to NMEA 2000 and then integrate it.
    This looks pretty good. How long have you been using it and what do you have hooked up to it? I'm going the tablet route and also will install a raspberry pi for doing data logging when tablet is not on.
    Had it running since last spring. Main motivation was to extend my analogue fuel gauges to the flybridge so I put them on NMEA 2K and can now see fuel on my chartplotter. I installed it in the panel on my lower dash and connected all my analogue sources to it -- fuel, oil, temp, tach and voltage. So far the only one I've not had great success with is tach -- I need to spend some more time mapping out the readings and tuning it -- it's not overly important as I have tachs at both stations already so it's low priority. The device does take a bit of tuning but so far works very well. Moving forward, I will make connections to fresh and waste water tanks. Also makes it easy to add more engine sensors like exhaust gas temp, boost etc.
    Terry
    1999 Bayliner 3388
    Twin Cummins 4BTA
    Fisherman, Cruiser, Boaticus-enthusiasticus-maximus
    Member Royal Victoria Yacht Club

Comment

I have the noland engineering RS11 and use it with the stock tach transmitter and only get a resolution of 15 rpm, so if you want something better, the RS11 isn't the answer. Maybe they will fix that in a firmware update some day, but I wish I had gone with one of the other options.

Comment

"dpeery" post=785221 wrote:
        I have the noland engineering RS11 and use it with the stock tach transmitter and only get a resolution of 15 rpm, so if you want something better, the RS11 isn't the answer. Maybe they will fix that in a firmware update some day, but I wish I had gone with one of the other options.
        I hooked up an RS11 to the tachs on my boat and I am getting a 1-RPM resolution on the B&G (Simrad) displays.
        1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
        2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
        Anacortes, WA

Comment

What do the Cummins engine use for a sender? The hinos use a faria 90901 sender. This may be the reason for the difference

Comment

I'm not sure who makes the Cummins sender. It is a magnetic pickup on the flywheel and the flywheel has 159 teeth.
            Anacortes, WA

Comment

I think the faria is 8 pulses per revolution and it makes 1 turn for every 2 engine turns so 4 ppr, compared to your 159.

Comment

The RS11 can use alternator output for RPM. Maybe there's a way to use that on the Hino.
                Anacortes, WA

Comment

Working...
                X