Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salon Table to Bed conversion 3288-gctid393593

Hi all:

Just bought our boat last year and for the love of god cannot figure out how to turn the salon table to a bed to sleep 2???

We figure the post must come off, but we have been pulling and tugging and cannot separate the 2. The only option I have left is to cut a piece of wood to fit and attach home made supports underneath....

Anyone who can help or send pics would be appreciated...pics probably more helpful at this point.

Thanks

My boat came with a custom piece of wood....sorry I don't have better advice. There must be a way ! Assemble oh mighty forum.

Comment

our table has a hidden cubby behind the back seat cushion, we have several pieces hidden there, and the table being bulky has nothing to do with the bed, so boats have hidden places.. go on a search and recuse mission to find the hidden areas and peices.. you will be surprised like us to find the cubbies we never knew when we bought ours..

and if that fails.. have one of your kids do it.. they seem to know it all and fix it all.. lol:worth ours do..

Comment

If it is original the table sits on 2 metal posts. The table should lift off. It can be tough to get the table off. You may need 2 people, one on each end to rock back and forth until the table comes off. Then there is a plywood piece that pulls out to fill the void left by the table. There should be an extra cushion that completes the bed. I am betting yours has been customized. A pic would help.
        1997 3788/Cummins 6BTA 5.9 M2s (Sold)
        2003 Silverton 42c/Cummins 480CEs
        2019 Cobia 240 CC
        2006 Boston Whaler 13 Sport
        1985 3270/Hino 135s (Sold)

Vero Beach, Fl.

Comment

OK we have the original table with 2 posts....

The only other piece slides out - but only to the stops of the small wood edgs on the seat sides....

We can't get the posts off from under neath the table....I know we are close, but just can't figure it out...anyone have a step by step pic or sources to look at?

Comment

The post come off of the table and base. Maybe shot some wd-40 to lossen it up. It will take a lot of rocking it back and forth, but it will come out. The wood that pulls out only comes out perhaps 36 inches total...
            1997 3788/Cummins 6BTA 5.9 M2s (Sold)
            2003 Silverton 42c/Cummins 480CEs
            2019 Cobia 240 CC
            2006 Boston Whaler 13 Sport
            1985 3270/Hino 135s (Sold)

Vero Beach, Fl.

Comment

The table comes off the posts by rocking the table port to starboard while two people, at opposite ends of the table are all the time pulling, pulling, pulling up on the table while you rock. The post comes out of the table and floor the same way, by rocking while pulling. Once the table is off and the posts disconnected from it, it stores on its long edge underneath the starboard rear cabin window, unless you have a cabinet there. There are normally some teac rails on the floor that the edge of the table fits in. Once that is stored, pull out the the port back cushion and hokey (technical term) back support board. The port seat cushion and the board underneath it, now pulls out while lifting it up to clear a block, then it slides out about 15". The port back cushion now lays next to the seat cushion to make the bunk.

Ken

Pugetsoundog

Comment

Pugetsoundog wrote:
                The table comes off the posts by rocking the table port to starboard while two people, at opposite ends of the table are all the time pulling, pulling, pulling up on the table while you rock. The post comes out of the table and floor the same way, by rocking while pulling. Once the table is off and the posts disconnected from it, it stores on its long edge underneath the starboard rear cabin window, unless you have a cabinet there. There are normally some teac rails on the floor that the edge of the table fits in. Once that is stored, pull out the the port back cushion and hokey (technical term) back support board. The port seat cushion and the board underneath it, now pulls out while lifting it up to clear a block, then it slides out about 15". The port back cushion now lays next to the seat cushion to make the bunk.

Ken

Pugetsoundog
                I need a nap just reading this... hasta be an easier way for it.. now I know we arent going to put our table down for a bed.. the guests can pitch a tent on the beach... faster

Comment

RinnyBeth wrote:
                  I need a nap just reading this... hasta be an easier way for it.. now I know we arent going to put our table down for a bed.. the guests can pitch a tent on the beach... faster
                  Hmmm....seemed like a quite accurate description of the process to me, especially when describing it to someone apparently new to the boat. Perhaps you prefer the 'Just do it' instruction methodology? It takes what it takes.

Comment

I will add that sleeping two on it is a stretch, maybe 1 1/2!!!

Ron
                    1989 3218
                    1988 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
                    2007 Yamaha VX Cruiser

Comment

On my 3288, the posts would screw out. They had a threaded post on the bottom.
                      Pat
                      Paragon
                      1999 4788

Comment

ronbo404 wrote:
                        I will add that sleeping two on it is a stretch, maybe 1 1/2!!!

Ron
                        stick the kids on it, they can fall asleep anywhere.. give the beds to the adults with achy bones

Comment

RinnyBeth wrote:
                          stick the kids on it, they can fall asleep anywhere.. give the beds to the adults with achy bones
                          +1! We just blow up an air mattress & let the kids sleep on that on the salon floor. Just have to avoid stepping on them in the morning!

Comment

Pugetsoundog wrote:

Ken

Pugetsoundog
                            Good information thank you. For example, I had no idea that the monster table had a happy storage area by the back door.

Comment

You forgot the rule.

Cocktails for 6

Dinner for 4

Sleeps 2

Comment

Working...
                              X