EH700 Raw Water Impeller Option?-gctid776130

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EH700 Raw Water Impeller Option?-gctid776130

I see that there is a Sierra option for the four cylinder Hino, but just a Jabsco for the six listed in the database, which btw, is absolutely awesome. I've done a search on the EH700 impeller and learned a lot of nuances, but no luck there either. I tried several google searches and failed again. I have nothing against Jabsco, but the comment about Sierra providing the complete kit on the fours where the Jabsco does not is an important difference considering the quality is usually comparable between the two companies.

Is there a Sierra option?
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
    MMSI 367770440
    1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
    Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Hi Pete,

I did a rebuild on my OE Kashiyama pumps this year.

Parts are a little hard to come by.

Pump model is a Kashiyama 1690-1659R

Impellers: Jabsco 31130-0061

Kashiyama SP-130

Hino 16131-1350

DJ pumps (Austrailia) 09-42-1001

Mercruiser 47-831311350

I went with the Jabsco as they are off the shelf with a local supplier.

All these numbers are for the same impeller so you may be able to use them to cross reference to a Sierra product.

Good source for other US marine and Kashiyama parts are "The Anchorage" in Canada.

Ian B)
    Ian & Emma
    MV "LaPaloma"
    1990 4588
    Bay of Islands
    New Zealand

Comment

Thanks Ian. In my search I found all of those and a few from China. My default will be the Jabsco. I live 25 miles north of Seattle so I'm in a "parts rich" environment. The previous owner left some new spares aboard and i thought I had the part numbers of those on my phone, along with the fuel and oil filters that are there. Yeah, well that's a do over next time I go to the boat.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
      MMSI 367770440
      1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
      Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

There is a Jabsco distributor in Ballard. If you have a business license, you can sometimes get a deep discount.
        Started boating 1965
        Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

I can supply a rebuild kit for these pumps with new water seals, lip seal, impeller, and bearings. These can be fitted with no machining or adaption of the pump body and allows you to keep your original pump. I understand the major problem with these pumps is the water seal is now obsolete rendering the whole pump obsolete if it is leaking from the shaft seal. You can contact me at kiwimarineservices@xtra.co.nz for more details. You can get your engineer to install the kit or you can easily do it yourself if you do your own maintenance. The kit and installation is a fraction of the cost of trying to adapt an aftermarket pump to fit the engine or doing expensive machining to adapt another type of water seal.

Comment

Working...
          X