Tender Depth Finder-gctid347000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tender Depth Finder-gctid347000

One of my many projects this year is redoing our RIB. (11' with 25hp & console)

It is getting new cables, a new fuseblock, nav lights that work, seat rebuilt and a few other odds and ends.

One thing it needs is a new depthfinder/fishfinder.

I want the fishfinder so I have some feel for the contour of the bottom when crabbing from it. I could probably get by with a 2" round gauge with digital display. I don't need GPS/Speed info.

I don't want to spend much because it is in a completly unprotected (read easy to steal and weather abuses it) boat all of the time aside from winter when I bring it home to store in the shop.

I know hummingbird/eagle are the lower end of things and probably where I will end up but I am looking for fairly recent model specific experiences that others have used in a tender/RIB.
    1999 Sandpiper Pilothouse - Current
    1989 3888 - 2011-2019, 1985 Contessa - 2005-2011, 1986 21' Trophy 1998-2005
    Nobody gets out alive.

Check out Hodges Marine on the net, I'm looking at a Humminbird HDR650 it's the 2 1/4" round just a depth finder, but these guys have good prices they are $25 bucks cheaper than anywhere else that I've looked, they have lots of electronic's to look at. West Marine wants $100 for what I'm looking at and Hodges wants $76 plus no sales tax.......

Good luck

Comment

If you're looking for an inexpensive but effective fish finder / depth sounder we use a Humminbird PiranhaMAX 160 on our tender and it works fine for fishing and setting prawn traps in 300+ feet. It also gives you temperature, which is handy. You can get them for $84 from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Humminbird-Pir.../dp/B001DTQ2GS

It includes a transom mount transducer.
      Mike
      "Allante I" Rayburn 75
      Previous: '97 4788

Comment

Well after a lot of dragging my feet about getting around to ordering - I went with Garmin Echo 100. It came down to it or the Lowrance X4 at the same price.
        1999 Sandpiper Pilothouse - Current
        1989 3888 - 2011-2019, 1985 Contessa - 2005-2011, 1986 21' Trophy 1998-2005
        Nobody gets out alive.

Comment

I know you already purchased one but on my Carolina Skiff J12 I installed an Eagle Cuda. I cannot rmember the model number but it is fully loaded, Chartplotter, Fish, Temp, Depth Etc. it was 169 bucks and it works like a champ.

Comment

Working...
          X