Advice on selling dingy off a 45 Pilothouse-gctid392260

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on selling dingy off a 45 Pilothouse-gctid392260

We just bought a Zodiac tender for our 45 and want to sell the dingy that came with the boat. Apparently there is no 'standard' dingy package with these pilothouses, and I haven't been able to find a comparable listing to give us an idea of what this thing is worth. I would really appreciate input on a reasonable asking price (I'm assuming we would sell to a local buyer but there can't be that much difference with other markets). What we have is:

An 8 ft (3 person) fiberglass dingy made by American Sail, model "The Dink". It has been completely refurbished; has a mahogany seat and transom board; new fitted cover; lifting eyes; 2 fenders; 2 paddles, and comes with its fitted mahogany cradle. The motor has about 4 hours on it; 2009 Mercury 3.5 HP with built in fuel tank. Photo below and more photos here if that helps: http://tinypic.com/a/2prhh/2

We have no clue what to ask for this thing. Ideas?

You could try:

1) ask some old salty dog at your marina. Chances are they've seen a few over time.

2) find out what it would cost new. Fairly rate the condition of yours, price accordingly.

3) if you're not in a hurry, throw it up on Craigslist for what you'd LOVE to get out of it...wait a bit, see if any bites, lower price...wash rinse repeat. You'll eventually find out what it's worth.
    Geoff & Jen
    Shocking Lesson
    1986 3870
    Hino 175's

Comment

$1,000. I see trade offers of motorcycles coming your way .

Comment

In its condition and with a near new motor, I would suggest 1000 to 1500 range, probably closer to the 1000. I think most people looking for tenders prefer an inflatable.

Comment

I also have a dinghy for sale, a 1997 Zodiac Yachtline 380, with a 40 HP 2 stroke Merc in great condition. Has been undercover since new. Make me an offer, I need the garage space. It is on a trailer but I prefer to keep the trailer. Boat in Renton, Wa. Contact me via email or PM if interested. I have listed it in the classified section of this forum.
          Started boating 1965
          Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

Susan, around $1k would be reasonable. Congrats on the new tender too!
            ~~1987 Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse & 17' Boston Whaler Dauntless~~

Comment

Thanks very much everyone, very helpful input. $1,000 it is. On the bright side, at least we won't have to take a check to the closing like we did the last time we sold a boat.

Comment

Well, as it turns out the dingy was worth $1,350. Sold it to a couple who were renovating an older Carver and wanted an appropriately sized dingy for it. Hope this helps anyone else trying to sell a similar set up and wanting an idea of what to ask for it.

Comment

ducksoop wrote:
                  Well, as it turns out the dingy was worth $1,350. Sold it to a couple who were renovating an older Carver and wanted an appropriately sized dingy for it. Hope this helps anyone else trying to sell a similar set up and wanting an idea of what to ask for it.
                  Congratulations! So how did you get the word out? Craigslist or local advertising?

Regards

Alan Teed

MOONDANCE

'94 4788

Gig Harbor, WA
                  Alan Teed
                  MOONSHADOW
                  1996 Wendon Sky Lounge 72'
                  Gig Harbor, WA
                  Previously:
                  1994 Bayliner 4788
                  2006 Hylas 49' SY
                  Bayliner 2855
                  1977 Cal 34' SY
                  1981 Hunter 33' SY

Comment

We have a friend who owns a boat dealership and they put it on their showroom floor almost as a decoration, and I think they included it in a craigslist ad. The buyers drove nearly three hours to come get it because they thought it would look perfect on their older renovated Carver, and I'm sure it does look great. It doesn't work very well as a dingy (it was tippy as heck) but it sure looks cute. We replaced it with a Zodiac--a dingy you can actually ride in without spilling your drink

Comment

Working...
                    X