No announcement yet.

Stairs to flying bridge-gctid760409

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering that it's held up with about six screws and a couple of bungee cords right now, I'm not sure. I have to fabricate a removable bottom step. That, and installing the remaining screws are on the agenda next week. I'm guessing that the Admiral will order the tread step height from one to the next be revised, but i plan to wait for the directions.

I'm very happy to share what mistakes I've made and things that worked so far. Just pm me.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
    MMSI 367770440
    1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
    Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

Progress! I got the top rails all tied together and the bottom step close to compete. I have to do some twweking to make the step look square to the ladder and install caulk and fasteners all over the thing, but I hope to wrap it up tomorrow. I put some temporary "feet" on the legs, those deck fittings are going to be replaced with rubber end caps. Eventually all of the treads will be replaced with 1" X 6" ironwood with grooves and grooves will be installed on the bottom treads too. I think I'm going to make the bottom ones a bit wider then reuse the ones the for treads going up the ladder. The step is removed with two pins and the hatches operate to thier normal extension.

i will probably end up changing the rise from step to step, but it can wait until we see how this works for us. I'm guessing the Admial will designate the area between the ladder and bulkhead for deck chair and table storage. I was thinking fenders and lines, but I have a feeling that may not work out.

Attached files

P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
      MMSI 367770440
      1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
      Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

Pete, Great Job! No doubt you have some fabrication skills. I'm awaiting the final results and assessment of the lower climbing angle. Again, looks good!
        Jim Gandee
        1989 3888
        Hino 175's
        Fire Escape
        [email protected]

Comment

Wow ! What a job! Great skills!
          Craig
          Nanaimo bc
          1987 bayliner 3818
          w/ 175 Hinos no Genny, but solar to run everything!
          10ft Livingston with centre console and 15hp on davits / winch

Comment

Working...
          X