X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ordered our Watermaker today-gctid346393

We ordered our Watermaker today.

The unit we went with is a Katadyn Powersurvivor160

The watermaker is going to be installed in the Lazarette, with the output diverter valve mounted behind the lexan door on the port side of our 4788.

We're also going to put a hose bib near the seawater washdown faucet for produced water testing and disposal.

If anyones interested, Katadyn has Minimum Advertised Pricing policies in place. I called Defender and was able to negotiate over $1,000 off of that price.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
    www.transferswitch4less.com

where are we right now?

https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Negotiating $1,000 off the price was a job well done. Let us know how the unit works out--this is one of the things on our 'to do' list.

Comment

ducksoop wrote:
      Negotiating $1,000 off the price was a job well done. Let us know how the unit works out--this is one of the things on our 'to do' list.
      I'll post photos. NHD quoted me $1800 in labor to put it in.

I normally bust my but for a year or two on a new boat getting it outfitted. Not having this boat near by has cost me a bunch in labor $$ but at least its all done.

Only thing left on the list is a crab pot puller.

KEVIN SANDERS

where are we right now?

Comment

ksanders wrote:
        We ordered our Watermaker today.

If anyones interested, Katadyn has Minimum Advertised Pricing policies in place. I called Defender and was able to negotiate over $1,000 off of that price.
        I bought my Intelian antena from them at a very good price. I am very convenced that The Spectra water maker is best for me. Please tell me why I should not buy of it .

Comment

billsguns wrote:
          I bought my Intelian antena from them at a very good price. I am very convenced that The Spectra water maker is best for me. Please tell me why I should not buy of it .
          Geez Bill I can't tell you why not to buy the Specta unit

If you're happy with the manufacturer, support, etc... then by all means have at it. You'll probably be very happy.

Its probably a great unit.

KEVIN SANDERS

where are we right now?

Comment

Kevin you won't regret your purchase of a water maker. When we istalled our RO unit last year before the Inside Passage trip I had no idea how dependable and convenient. We enjoy our hygene activities frequently, i.e. hot showers, washing dishes, without scrambling to find water at a marina. Just push a button as you travel from cove to cove and fill your tanks. We spend 95% of our time on the hook. To us a no brainer.

Comment

Working...
            X