3270 V6 Crusader Raw water pump?-gctid740226

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3270 V6 Crusader Raw water pump?-gctid740226

My 1983 3270 has a leaking port-side Raw Water Pump. I removed it and took it in for a rebuild. Its a Sherwood, though I can't seem to find any model number on it; just the number "5".

I am trying to identify and find a suitable replacement for the unit, as the casting is cracked and it looks to be too bad to be serviceable. My research suggests that Sherwood no longer makes this model.. So now what?

The motors are 165 HP gas Crusader V6 units. I believe that they are based on a 3.8 litre/ 229 Cu Chevy block. It seems hard to find any intel online about these motors or the pumps. I am hoping someone on here has been through this and can help. I am Vancouver based.

Cheers all!

You might want to look at the Volvo penta 4.3 raw water crank shaft driven pump. There is plenty of room to bolt them onto the crank pully.

I have that setup on my 4.3's, very easy to change out the raw water impellers now.
    Mitch Cunningham
    1984 3270 Twin 4.3's
    San Diego, California

Comment

Just did a quick search for Sherwood E35 raw water pump for v6 engines on EBay, New replacement is $ 299.00 with core charge or send old one.
      Mitch Cunningham
      1984 3270 Twin 4.3's
      San Diego, California

Comment

Sounds like an interesting option, if its possible.. I am getting quotes for a replacement H10 at around $650 USD. Only Pumpvendor.com is listing that model. I need a whole new pump as one of the castings is cracked as well as internal parts replacement. Seems expensive. The E35 you mentioned I will research and see if it will work.

Forgive me, I am trying to understand how the crank-driven pump you mentioned could work.. You wouldn't have a photo would you?

Comment

The E35 won't work; H10 has ports opposite each other.
          "ttrand" post=740414 wrote:
          Sounds like an interesting option, if its possible.. I am getting quotes for a replacement H10 at around $650 USD. Only Pumpvendor.com is listing that model. I need a whole new pump as one of the castings is cracked as well as internal parts replacement. Seems expensive. The E35 you mentioned I will research and see if it will work.

Forgive me, I am trying to understand how the crank-driven pump you mentioned could work.. You would have a photo would you?

Comment

When the raw water pumps on my 1984 229ci V6's became unrepairable I replaced them with Sherwood G30-2b. The part that held the pulley to the shaft needed to be replaced with the original part. It must be pressed on to the same relative position for correct belt alignment. I think the shop charged me $10 labor to remove and replace the part. Be sure to get the bronze pumps.

My first replacement pump cost $249 in 2001 and the second for the other engine cost $310 in 2005. These had better last forever.

Comment

Working...
            X