Hurricane Season now-gctid388688

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane Season now-gctid388688

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/692237=28408-4788Wilma.jpg[/img]Found this photo in my files. Say what you may, the proof is in the pudding isn't it? 500 boats destroyed, boats blown away from the docks, docks blown away from the marina, but there she is...

pilothouseking wrote:

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]Found this photo in my files. Say what you may, the proof is in the pudding isn't it? 500 boats destroyed, boats blown away from the docks, docks blown away from the marina, but there she is...
    Awesome sight however maybe the owner is thrilled or maybe he is pissed as he may have preferred the claim.
    Cheers, Hans
    2007 Carver 41 CMY
    Twin Volvo D6-370
    Montreal, Canada
    Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

More likely, the owner's of all those "fancy" boats costing 3, 4 or more times the lowly Bayliner are again cursing the old saying... "a lot of boat for the buck!"

Only this time, it's literal! This Bayliner owner STILL has a lot of boat for the buck!! And a whole lot less of a headache from dealing with the insurance company!

PS - this made me laugh! I'll be showing this around the dock to everybody who has ragged on me about mine! LOL Especially the religious freaks in the Selene!

Comment

Interestingly enough, we transitted by that very location in late October 2005 heading south. I have similar pictures of this rack in Sunrise Fl after Wilma ran through. I remember seeing and have pictures of tow vessels pulling strings of boats in the Ft. Lauderdale-Miami ICW with various and severe damage, all manned in tow being dewatered just to keep them afloat. The most common of the make was searay. Once we went outside by Stiltsville, our biggest concern was dodging large semi floating appliances. Once we made port in Marathon Fl. we watched big rig car trailers moving flooded cars out of the Keys. This went on for months that fall. We stayed safe with storm prep and by waiting Wilma out in St. Augustine.

Comment

Working...
        X