Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jmcannonball
    replied
    The exhaust hose is a b**ch to remove. I wound up unbolting the riser from the manicooler, then using a heat gun to warm up one end of the hose, then removing the hose. For the replacement hose, I again heated it with the heat gun, lubed up the hose and slipped it back on the riser and muffler, then bolted the riser back to the manicooler.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Make sure you firmly support the muffler before removing the hose because if the muffler tilts down enough, water can pour in fast (1989 Bayliner 38). I used a bunch of thin Dremel disks in a electrical drill to grind through the wire-reinforcement of the old hoses in order to remove them (goggles!). Then there was absolutely NO way I could bend the new hose sufficiently to re-assemble them and so I used one 45-degree fiberglas elbow (Centek Industries or equivalent) in each exhaust. In hindsight, I should have compared the total cost using the very expensive but easier to bend blue silicone exhaust hose. I recommend using silicone grease at each hose connection in order to enable removal of the hoses in the future without having to destroy them.

Leave a comment:

• seaclusion
    replied
    it should be 5 '' ID hose ...... NOT SURE ON PRICE ON 5 INCH ........... BUT 4 '' IS about 18.00 per foot

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Hino exhaust hose replacement-gctid388391

Hino exhaust hose replacement-gctid388391

Anyone have any advice on replacing the exhaust hose on HINO EH700? I have one that is leaking. What size is the hose? Cost?
Working...
X