Hino exhaust hose replacement-gctid388391

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hino exhaust hose replacement-gctid388391

Anyone have any advice on replacing the exhaust hose on HINO EH700? I have one that is leaking. What size is the hose? Cost?

it should be 5 '' ID hose ...... NOT SURE ON PRICE ON 5 INCH ........... BUT 4 '' IS about 18.00 per foot
    NEIL S

Comment

Make sure you firmly support the muffler before removing the hose because if the muffler tilts down enough, water can pour in fast (1989 Bayliner 38). I used a bunch of thin Dremel disks in a electrical drill to grind through the wire-reinforcement of the old hoses in order to remove them (goggles!). Then there was absolutely NO way I could bend the new hose sufficiently to re-assemble them and so I used one 45-degree fiberglas elbow (Centek Industries or equivalent) in each exhaust. In hindsight, I should have compared the total cost using the very expensive but easier to bend blue silicone exhaust hose. I recommend using silicone grease at each hose connection in order to enable removal of the hoses in the future without having to destroy them.

Comment

The exhaust hose is a b**ch to remove. I wound up unbolting the riser from the manicooler, then using a heat gun to warm up one end of the hose, then removing the hose. For the replacement hose, I again heated it with the heat gun, lubed up the hose and slipped it back on the riser and muffler, then bolted the riser back to the manicooler.
        Two C's 1990 3888 MY, 175 Hinos, Hurth 630 Trannys
        Past Commodore Emerald Rose Yacht Club
        Member International Order of the Blue Gavel
        MMSI: 338030604

Comment

Working...
        X