3218 Nav and Anchor Lights-gctid728410

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3218 Nav and Anchor Lights-gctid728410

When I purchased Cheers the PO told me there was no forward facing white ("steaming") nav light. I'm trying to decide what to do about the "steaming" light. Could I use the anchor light as a 360 degree combined steaming and stern light? My reading of the light regs says it's OK, but I'm not sure. Thoughts welcome.

If that won't work, any thoughts on where to mount a forward light and what kind to install?
    Dick
    Cheers
    Oceanside
    1987 3218 w/ 150 Hinos

Opu,

I had the same problem. I bought a new anchor light that has the steaming light included. The wiring was up there on mine just someone had taken it down. I am pretty sure this is how the boat was originally setup. There was a wire for anchor and one for running plus a negative.

Dean

Comment

Sounds to me an all around white masthead light with side lights are applicable for your situation.

Boats under 12 meters(39.4')

Sailboats-Separate or combination red and green sidelights, 112.5┬░, visible 1 n.m. White stern light, 135┬░, visible 2 n.m. OR, tri-color masthead light.

Powerboats-Separate or combination red and green sidelights, 112.5┬░, visible 1 n.m., placed above hull at least 1 meter (3.3') below masthead light. Masthead: white, 225┬░, visible 2 n.m., at least 1 meter above side lights. White stern light, 135┬░, visible 2 n.m. OR, one all-round (360┬░) white light (should also have sidelights).

Boats under 12 meters (39.4') to 20 meters (65.6')

Sailboats-Separate or combination red and green sidelights, 112.5┬░, visible 2 n.m. White stern light, 135┬░, visible 2 n.m. OR, tri-color masthead light.

Powerboats-Separate or combination red and green sidelights, 112.5┬░, visible 2 n.m., placed above hull at least 1 meter (3.3') below masthead light. Masthead: white, 225┬░, visible 3 n.m., at least 1 meter above side lights. White stern light, 135┬░, visible 2 n.m.

Comment

That was my read as well. Thanks for your input guys!
        Dick
        Cheers
        Oceanside
        1987 3218 w/ 150 Hinos

Comment

Working...
        X