4788 max rated headcount-gctid386851

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4788 max rated headcount-gctid386851

Does anyone know the maximum allowable headcount rating for the 4788 Pilothouse and/ or the maximum allowable headcount on the bridge?

See response in other thread. On bridge maybe seven with heavy dingy, maybe 12 max no dingy. Kinda depends on flat water, head sea or beam sea and how rough. In rough water one max on my 47 bridge.
    Started boating 1965
    Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

mmichellich wrote:
      See response in other thread. On bridge maybe seven with heavy dingy, maybe 12 max no dingy. Kinda depends on flat water, head sea or beam sea and how rough. In rough water one max on my 47 bridge.
      Yes I saw it and much appreciated!...I'm not sure how to drive this site as yet so wasn't sure where I was posting my question! I would imagine based on your response there would be another 12 distributed between the Salon and Pilothouse for a possible max headcount of 24 to 25?!.....this helps alot

Comment

I would expect that many if you were smuggling illegals. The salon floor wont stand nearly that much weight. The pilot house probably holds five comfortably. I would never carry more than a dozen folks and that is for flat water. We have had that many aboard for a special peoples cruise.
        Started boating 1965

Comment

baknal wrote:
          Yes I saw it and much appreciated!...I'm not sure how to drive this site as yet so wasn't sure where I was posting my question! I would imagine based on your response there would be another 12 distributed between the Salon and Pilothouse for a possible max headcount of 24 to 25?!.....this helps alot
          Why would anyone ever want to put 25 people on a pleasure boat? If they all went to one side at same time, the boat might tip over.
          Started boating 1965

Comment

Drinks 6

Feeds 4

Sleeps 2

Comment

the owners hand book on the 4550, had max weight for the flybridge @600# ( 3 x 200 or 4x 150). I do use the same for my 4788 underway. Also, limits for the bowsprit and swimplatform. I do not understand why the same information is not in the OM for the 4788. Bayliner must have done stability testing on its final design, must have done the same for builders certification. Ask them. or use the limits for the 4550.

Comment

jjlynch wrote:
                the owners hand book on the 4550, had max weight for the flybridge @600# ( 3 x 200 or 4x 150). I do use the same for my 4788 underway. Also, limits for the bowsprit and swimplatform. I do not understand why the same information is not in the OM for the 4788. Bayliner must have done stability testing on its final design, must have done the same for builders certification. Ask them. or use the limits for the 4550.
                At home I only have a 2000 47 Owners Manual (my 1996 manual is on the boat)-2000 manual downloaded from this site. The only thing on loads I could find in the 2000 manual is a limit of 30 pounds per square foot on the bridge, swim step and anchor bow platform. This a weight that is supposed to be spread uniformly, not sure how that is possible for a guy like me that is over 300 pounds, but never had an issue to date. I did look through 4 different years sales brochures (several pages on the 47 in each) but found nothing on loads for bridge, salon or pilot house. The weakest structure I have found on the 47 is the salon hatches-at least in terms of what flexes most under my weight. I beefed each of them up with stainless rectangular tubing.
                Started boating 1965

Comment

Our 3988 is rated for just over 1,000#. You should find the manufacturers rate plate on the bulkhead near the ladder.

Comment

captron3233 wrote:
                    Our 3988 is rated for just over 1,000#. You should find the manufacturers rate plate on the bulkhead near the ladder.
                    There is no plate on our 47 and we have had it since new. The dingy hoist lifts 750#, so one would expect more than 1000#. It also has the optional bar, with sink and refer which weighs at least a couple hundred more. I expect we have 400# more at least in fishin, crabbing, shrimping, dingy fuel, BBQ/propane tank, chairs, etc.
                    Started boating 1965

Comment

Working...
                    X