3270 Transom Door install recommendations-gctid383391

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3270 Transom Door install recommendations-gctid383391

I am located in the California Delta and want to have a transome door installed in my 84, 3270. Has anybody in the area had this done and have recommendations? I want the jod to look factory installed and have the transome reinforced properly.

Thanks;

Pete

390power wrote:
    I am located in the California Delta and want to have a transome door installed in my 84, 3270. Has anybody in the area had this done and have recommendations? I want the jod to look factory installed and have the transome reinforced properly.

Thanks;

Pete
    I dont know about where to take it but you should educate yourself on what a quality job is. There are various threads on boc about building transom doors on 32s. When you do find some one ask alot of questions and see what they are going to do and make a decision from what you have learned here.
    1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge
    twin 454's
    MV Mar-Y-Sol
    1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop ocean express.
    Twin chevy 350's inboard
    Ben- Jamin
    spokane Washington

Comment

I live in SoCal, had a hard time finding a good fiberglass guy to do the job. Got quotes from 8k-3k. Got a guy to do it for 3k but not to happy with quality of work. Make sure you check out their work before you go with anyone.
      1997 3788/Cummins 6BTA 5.9 M2s (Sold)
      2003 Silverton 42c/Cummins 480CEs
      2019 Cobia 240 CC
      2006 Boston Whaler 13 Sport
      1985 3270/Hino 135s (Sold)

Vero Beach, Fl.

Comment

390power wrote:
        I want the jod to look factory installed and have the transome reinforced properly.

Thanks;

Pete
        You don't want it to be like a factory job. They did terrible work on my door.

1. Not sealed to the cockpit floor. Lots of water drains into the engine bay when washing the cockpit.

2. Door was not constructed very well. No backing plates for screw for hindges.

3. Door opens at a angle. Overall fit and finish is really bad.

4. and to top if off the gel coat doesn't match.

Comment

gmau wrote:
          You don't want it to be like a factory job. They did terrible work on my door.

1. Not sealed to the cockpit floor. Lots of water drains into the engine bay when washing the cockpit.

2. Door was not constructed very well. No backing plates for screw for hindges.

3. Door opens at a angle. Overall fit and finish is really bad.

4. and to top if off the gel coat doesn't match.
          This was factory from Bayliner?

Comment

390power wrote:
            This was factory from Bayliner?
            Yes

Comment

Working...
            X