32xx galley step storage-gctid383313

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32xx galley step storage-gctid383313

Was sitting on the galley floor today pondering life (don't ask) - and focused in on the galley steps. the lower step has the bus heater, and the upper step is part of the fiberglass liner that makes the 32xx interior. But as it's forward of the "fridge" bulkhead, there's no access to it.

Anyone made effective use of this space? Wondering if it could be a good spot for a waste basket or ??

I hawe seen à 32 whid trachcan the step.

I hawe My AC blod out there, and if i removit its notering there
    subscribe to my youtube channel

www.youtube.com/c/MyBoatandMylife

Comment

Nikko wrote:
      Was sitting on the galley floor today pondering life (don't ask) - and focused in on the galley steps. the lower step has the bus heater, and the upper step is part of the fiberglass liner that makes the 32xx interior. But as it's forward of the "fridge" bulkhead, there's no access to it.

Anyone made effective use of this space? Wondering if it could be a good spot for a waste basket or ??
      One of the few places on my that I have not been Let us all know what you find. The water tank my be there. If not it is close.

Comment

I cut a 4" X 8" hole in it so as to gain access to the water tank level sensor. I covered the hole with a 1/4" teak plank. Beats trying to replace it from under the lower berth.

Comment

hughver wrote:
          I cut a 4" X 8" hole in it so as to gain access to the water tank level sensor. I covered the hole with a 1/4" teak plank. Beats trying to replace it from under the lower berth.
          Didn't happen to take a picture of the area did you?

Comment

When I had my 3288, I pulled the refrig and took these pictures.

The first one is looking straight into the refrigerator hole.

The second on is looking toward the steps.

Reference the refrig outlet to try and get a spatial idea of things.

There's a little room there, but not much (or as much as you'd like).

The third one is looking outboard, where I installed a second water heater.

Pat
            Paragon
            1999 4788

Comment

That is tight in there, thanks - really appreciate you taking the time to post those.

Comment

Nikko,

You are correct. There is some usable space in there, but not a lot, and access is not all that easy. When I installed our hydronic heating system I used that space to house the heat exchanger for the salon and master stateroom ducts.

If you really want to develop some wasted space, open up the floor in the passage way in the galley/head V-Berth area. There is a surprising amount of usable space in there that can easily be accessed after the floor hatches are cut in.

Another good one is the area between the fridge and galley cabinetry. It' easy to cut an access door in the master stateroom bulkhead to open this up.

Comment

http://baylinerownersclub.org/galler...2_itemId=28932

has pictures of the space under the foward floor.

Cutfloor1.jpg kinda shows where the starboard stringer is. It's the only place to watch out for. You don't want to cut into the starboard stringer.

The floor in my boat is 1/2" plywood.

Comment

thanks Gordon - I already had your album bookmarked

Comment

We have our garbage can in the head. I added a flush gray starboard removable board from the little shower seat to the wall to the right of the door. On top sits the plastic garbage can with hinged lid. The can is strapped to the bulkhead with a bungee. Underneath we store three large plastic water jugs. We no longer use the water tank for drinking water... Saw too many ugly pictures of the internals of the water tank on this site!

Ken Rose

Pugetsoundog (woof)

Comment

Working...
                      X