Marilla to Skagway-gctid383128

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marilla to Skagway-gctid383128

Left nanaimo for Skagway following k s lead! Except we had 40 knots in johnstone straight before ducking into Neville bay and 4 days in the broughtons waiting for weather ... What a great wait. .. Echo bay. Lagoon cove, Sullivan bay all wonderful stays. Grenville ch. flat calm full of logs but gorgeous. 2.5 current with us. Just saw ksanders note in the prince Rupert cow marina.now busy drinking the heels of whiskey gin vodka rum so as not to import contraband into alaska. Meyers chuck tomorrow night

DLS

Anything new or changes in the Broughtons this year at the places you visited?
    Started boating 1965
    Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

dstorey wrote:
      Left nanaimo for Skagway following k s lead! Except we had 40 knots in johnstone straight before ducking into Neville bay and 4 days in the broughtons waiting for weather ... What a great wait. .. Echo bay. Lagoon cove, Sullivan bay all wonderful stays. Grenville ch. flat calm full of logs but gorgeous. 2.5 current with us. Just saw ksanders note in the prince Rupert cow marina.now busy drinking the heels of whiskey gin vodka rum so as not to import contraband into alaska. Meyers chuck tomorrow night

DLS
      Sounds like you're having a grand time!

Just saw my note???

Enjoy, and yep, look out for logs!

KEVIN SANDERS
      4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
      www.transferswitch4less.com

Whats the weather like on our boat
      https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddab...59665f4e4/wide

Where are we right now? https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

the broughtons were simply calm, peaceful and vacant .

We were the only boat at Sullivan's bay. what's new? The price of diesel! 185 per liter at Hartley bay. More than I pay for av gas for my float plane. For those considering navionics iPad app it is a great walk around on the boat tool but mine crumped at(a great anchorage) jorgensons harbor and couldn't be re loaded till we were in next 3G service area 60 miles on. Was glad to have paper charts and a good old fashion plotter. My brother fell overboard drunk last night.so much for trying to be legal for Ketchikan customs

Comment

Sounds like a great trip so far including the forced detour. How's the new boat running, and what speeds are you running at up there?

Comment

New boat running well. Have been running 2350 for crossings and to beat weather which gives us 15 kts and 1500 for long stretches for about 9. Vacuums good since cleaning tanks and taking off the screens to use favors as primary filters. Am really impressed how the 3988 handles 35 kts. 40 was very wet indeed but did not feel dangerous. Just approaching Meyers chuck. Ketchican customs very tedious

Comment

Working...
            X