Replacing faucet in head on a 32xx-gctid383039

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing faucet in head on a 32xx-gctid383039

I wanted to see if anyone else have replaced the faucet that came with the boat. Mine, although it works and doesn't leak, it looks pretty bad. It just seems next to impossible to reach the nuts underneath. Any special tools or tricks that might help?

I also need to replace the drain, but that looks pretty easy in comparison.

I replaced mine with a stainless steel sink and faucet. I had to cut the sink hole a little bigger with a jig saw but it looks so much nicer. If you are just replacing the faucet you only need a wrench to loosen/tighten the fittings... You might want to run a snake through the drain while you have it apart. I will be back on the boat tomorrow afternoon and can post a pic of the sink and faucet if you would like.

Comment

It just seems next to impossible to reach the nuts underneath. Any special tools or tricks that might help?

You should be able to get a "basin wrench" in the plumbing section at a Home Depot or Lowes they are relatively inexpensive to remove the old faucet. One nice feature of the stock one piece design is the lack of seams to leak (and calk). You should be able to find a replacement faucet without too much trouble. The stock ones are still sold.
      Rick
      2002, 3788

Comment

Fire Escape wrote:
        It just seems next to impossible to reach the nuts underneath. Any special tools or tricks that might help?

You should be able to get a "basin wrench" in the plumbing section at a Home Depot or Lowes they are relatively inexpensive to remove the old faucet.
        Thanks, I will try that if I keep the sink as it is.

FishingFool wrote:
        I will be back on the boat tomorrow afternoon and can post a pic of the sink and faucet if you would like.
        Yes, please!

Comment

I replaced mine a couple months ago. Put in a nice stainless steel one. Reaching in to disconnect was not that bad. Used a channelling. Once I stopped turning the wrong way, came off easy

Comment

Here you go, hope this helps..Bryan

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/686907=27831-sink1.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/686907=27832-sink2.jpg[/img]

Comment

Hi

You need to use a faucet wrench, available at all home improvement stores

http://www.zorotools.com/g/imagewindow/57981/

Ron
              1989 3218
              1988 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
              2007 Yamaha VX Cruiser

Comment

Working...
              X