Engine Room Blower 4588-gctid382470

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Room Blower 4588-gctid382470

Can anyone tell me where the blower is located in the engine room? It's never come up before and now that it stopped working I can't locate it by sound. Thanks in advance

I have a 1991 model. There is a blower mounted vertically on each side located in the aft 4 inches of that long horizontal engine vent that goes out the hull on each side of the boat just forward of the cockpit. I can look up behind each engine and see the bottom of an axial fan blower housing with a screw holding it in place. I have no idea how to get to it without pulling the exhaust hoses and muffler system. On my boat there is no access under the vent covers so that does not help to remove it. If anyone has a suggestion on how to get to them then that would be worth at least a sixpack to me.

I am thinking about installing some new hoses and fans by connecting to the wires I remove from the old fan connections and just leave the old blowers in place. I intend to vent out just above the lazarette storage on each side of the cockpit into the cockpit area because it is not gasoline powered.

Comment

I am curious. Why fix the blower(s) if you have diesels?

Comment

Stuff that doesn't work drives me crazy. I've been going through the boat for past 5 years upgrading and fixing and this just hit the list this year. As my wife says, "if you have to fix it when you want to sell it, you should fix it now and enjoy it". Precious little pleasure in a bilge blower, but if it were an easy swap why not?

Comment

The blowers in a diesel help to remove any potential fumes, that the engines may produce in the engine room. Such as crankcase vented gases, battery charging gases, etc.

Unlike in a gasoline boat it is to prevent these fumes from collecting and migrating into the vessels occupied compartments.

As for the answer to the OP. I also would like to know the answer to this one. Mine scream like the Banshee and will soon need to be replaced.
          Patrick and Patti
          4588 Pilothouse 1991
          12ft Endeavor RIB 2013
          M/V "Paloma"
          MMSI # 338142921

Comment

Working...
          X