38XX vents-gctid683369

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

38XX vents-gctid683369

Need replacement vents for my 3870. Actually need 1. Boat Vent Guy who advertises direct replacement doesn't answer phone or emails.

Any suggestions?

Doug
    Started boating 1955
    Number of boats owned 32
    Bayliners
    3870 presently owned
    Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

I had ours done at a machine shop. Stainless steel with louvres. I keep reminding myself to take picures so when someone asks about them I have them, but I keep forgetting.

I will make sure to take pictures when I am at the boat next.
    Joel
    1987 3818 Hino 175
    "Knotty Girl"
    Prince Rupert B.C.

Comment

"canoel" post=683370 wrote:
      I had ours done at a machine shop. Stainless steel with louvres. I keep reminding myself to take picures so when someone asks about them I have them, but I keep forgetting.

I will make sure to take pictures when I am at the boat next.
      Similar situation but I did aluminum frames (painted white) with a black mesh material placed on a 45.

Boaters Discount in LaConner, WA sells a replacement from starboard that doesn't look too bad.
      1989 3888
      Nobody gets out alive.

Comment

Doug, here is the link to boaters discount, should be a picture of their vent

http://www.boatersdiscountcenter.com/accessories.htm
        Hugh
        1990 3888
        Hino 175 Diesels

Comment

Thanks guys

.http://www.boatventguy.com/

After 2 weeks of phone calls with no answer and replies to this web site I found an email addy for John and got an answer this morning.

Call him on the same phone number he doesn't answer but I'll try again this AM.

If he answers I will order one and a spare. At least it looks like I won't have to replace them all.

I'll keep you informed.

Doug
          Started boating 1955
          Number of boats owned 32
          Bayliners
          3870 presently owned
          Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

Comment

B) Hi Guys, I build and sell these vents if anyone is looking, You can email me at Michael@bigkahunahhi.com if you or someone you know needs any vents for their 3870.

Comment

I build and sell these vents, If you still need a set let me know..

Comment

I made a set of four out of stainless steel to match my logo. Same logo as on my Harley Fatboy Tank. They have a 1/2" bent edge on all sides and are welded and polish. I also added drain hole on the bottom lip. They looked pretty good.

Comment

Awesome!... I make mine out of King Starboard on my cnc router along with lots of other boat parts. i have been making them for years for a few suppliers who are no longer in business, Im venturing out on my own in sales now. Doesn't look like there are many suppliers available out there...

Comment

Do you have any pics. Of what you make and sell. How about a quote? I am in Duluth mn. Thanks

Comment

Here are a few pics and a computer generated one from my cnc program that i cut them from.

Comment

I can also customize them any way you would like. Some i have cut with the vessel name in them.

I sell them for $150 each, add $50 for the Steel Inserts. I can also offer the vents made from PVC board at a cheaper cost.

Comment

These look real nice. What is your price for the PVC board style?
                          Brian & Sherri
                          Lori Ann - AKA "Salt Lick"
                          1989 - 3870 (Love It)
                          Hino Powered, BYC Member
                          San Juan Islands and Beyond.
                          Cheers, Safe Boating to All.

Comment

"bvkstoy" post=725991 wrote:
                            These look real nice. What is your price for the PVC board style?
                            I have cracked originals on my stbd side - I, too, interested in knowing about the price of that PVC board style...
                            Novurania 335DL. 30HP. WKRP in cincinnati. Previously: Bayliner 3818 in PNW.

Comment

Sorry to be getting in to this late, but I'm obviously not as involved as many.

Also need to replace my engine room intake grills. Think I've found a place that will make them in Aluminum with stamped louvres. I like the starboard units but cannot get admiral approval. These are thin 0.060", but $200 for 4 and so I'm willing to be the guinea pig on this one.

Let me know if theres any other interest out there.

Attached files

Comment

Working...
                              X