3688 Master State room fresh water leak help-gctid682527

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3688 Master State room fresh water leak help-gctid682527

1992 3688 with fresh water coming up through floor in the aft stateroom. Soaks the carpet when up on plane. So, I have 2 problems, well three really. Just bought the boat and this did not happen on the survey. But, why is the water there and why is it not draining into the bilge. Just forward of this low area is the bed and at the same level as the bed is the hot water tank. That is all dry but the pressure valve directs water down to about the right area. Is this a design flaw from Bayliner. We looked at another 3688 and that floor area was repaired for some reason, hmmm! There is two little holes around a support on the bulk head(engine firewall) that appear to be for draining water off the carpet, but water just boils up from there when under way.

Hi. I’ve just experienced a similar problem in my 3688. I went looking and found it was fresh water. Further investigation found a small crack in the top of the fresh water tank. When I filled the tank the water overflowed out of the crack as well as the breather. The water ended up in the front bildge then made its way back to the aft states room. Even after we used water and reduced the tank level the tank still leaked on the plane... I haven’t had a chance to look further but I will mend the Leake first and observe....

Comment

Working...
    X