Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cockpit hatch gasket-gctid381005

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Cockpit hatch gasket-gctid381005

    Anyone try to install a gasket on the cockpit hatch of a 32xx? I get quite a bit of overflow into the engine compartment when washing the deck etc. and thought that might help.
    1986 3270
    Volvo D3 -160's

    #2
    Mine has a foam gasket, guessing 3/16" thick and about 3/4" wide. I replaced it a few years ago, found it online, self adhesive. There should also be a drain well around the hatch opening with a drain tube to the outside of the hull, check them for being plugged up.

    Jim

    Comment


      #3
      I've put weatherstriping on every cockpit or lazarette hatch we've had.

      This keeps the salt water from the washdown out.

      Just go to Home Depot and pick out a suitable self adhesive weatherstrip and install away.

      Its a great addition to any boat.

      KEVIN SANDERS
      4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
      www.transferswitch4less.com

      where are we right now?

      https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

      Comment


        #4
        alaskan1 wrote:
        Anyone try to install a gasket on the cockpit hatch of a 32xx? I get quite a bit of overflow into the engine compartment when washing the deck etc. and thought that might help.
        Hum...I also wonder if your drains are clogged. I don't get a drop of water in the bilge when hosing out the cockpit and I have nothing under the hatches.

        Comment


          #5
          iceclimber wrote:
          Hum...I also wonder if your drains are clogged. I don't get a drop of water in the bilge when hosing out the cockpit and I have nothing under the hatches.
          If there is no rust on your engines from a salt water wash down you are not using enough water or catching enough fish. :sorrow:

          Comment


            #6
            Sounds like I need gaskets and a drain hose cleaning. Thanks everyone.
            1986 3270
            Volvo D3 -160's

            Comment


              #7
              billsguns wrote:
              If there is no rust on your engines from a salt water wash down you are not using enough water or catching enough fish. :sorrow:
              If I get salt water anywhere on my boat, I'm in trouble. We're on a lake.

              To the OP, perhaps try lifting the hatch and let a little water drift across the deck onto the hatch rim. You should be able to spot where it's sneaking it. I am certainly no expert but I feel that hatch rim is designed to ship water out the drain - as in no sealing required. But, I was wrong about something yesterday too.

              Comment

              Working...
              X