Calling Wiskey Wizard/re-namming boat.-gctid380205

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ducksoop wrote:
    That made me spit wine thru my nose! Nobody can ever accuse this group of not having quick wits and a good sense of humor.

I really like Perfect Balance too, although "Adios Dineros" still qualifies as one of the great boat names of all time. Be sure you use Wiskey Wizard's renaming ceremony--he graciously sent it to us when we rechristened ours and we've had nothing but blue skies and smooth sailing since.
    Leaning heavily to Perfect Balance but have not Pulled the trigger just yet..

Mike would love and appreciate the renaming Ceremony!

Comment

I wonder if there is more than one ceremony.

The link I posted in a previous post is one.

Doug
      Started boating 1955
      Number of boats owned 32
      Bayliners
      3870 presently owned
      Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

Comment

dmcb wrote:
        I wonder if there is more than one ceremony.

The link I posted in a previous post is one.

Doug
        Doug,

Thank you for the link... I am pretty superstitious and and appreciate it.

Comment

I like your current name and agree with others, there are big superstitions about renaming a boat and the need to do it properly. I think it is bad luck to give a boat a negative name ("Moneypit" etc.).

A friend saw a gorgeous 60-foot yacht named "AFTICA." The owner was coiling a rope and my friend asked him the origin/language/meaning of the name. The owner said "It stands for 'Another F***ing Toy I Can't Afford.' " Pretty funny, but not my style...

Thanks for letting us chime in!

Rob

Comment

FishingFool wrote:
            Doug,

Thank you for the link... I am pretty superstitious and and appreciate it.
            I use the ceremony that involves alcohol and virgins peeing on the bow.......

Comment

Pau Hana wrote:
              I use the ceremony that involves alcohol and virgins ...
              I know where to get alcohol.

Comment

robster_in_edmonds wrote:
                ... I think it is bad luck to give a boat a negative name ("Moneypit" etc.).
                I agree....We named one of our previous boats "Money Eater"....and she really lived up to her name...

next boat was "My Escape". We had to keep with the M. E. theme in the because we really like and wanted to keep the dinghy name. Dinghy name is "Mini ME"

I also think Perfect Balance is a good name to use.

Comment

USCGVet wrote:
                  I agree....We named one of our previous boats "Money Eater"....and she really lived up to her name...

next boat was "My Escape". We had to keep with the M. E. theme in the because we really like and wanted to keep the dinghy name. Dinghy name is "Mini ME"
                  I love "Mini ME" for the dingy. Our boat is "Sea Harmony" (my husband and I met on eHarmony, although I usually tell people I bought him on eBay) and we named the dingy "Wee Harmony".

Comment

Pau Hana wrote:
                    I use the ceremony that involves alcohol and virgins peeing on the bow.......
                    How do you know you have the real thing?
                    Started boating 1955
                    Number of boats owned 32
                    Bayliners
                    3870 presently owned
                    Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

Comment

Uncle Bob wrote:
                      OK trivia buffs (y PescoTonto): A├▒ejo does not mean aged. It means supplemented or annexed as in enhanced. A├▒ejo Tequila is enhanced by the supplemental process of ageing in oak, usually used whiskey barrels, for a minimum of one year. That adds colour and flavour. So the result adds age but the meaning of a├▒ejo is "supplemented" like the annex to a building is supplemented to the building.
                      Uncle Bob,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%C3%B1ejo

Comment

Don't believe wikipedia for everything. Remember it is a user entered encyclopedia that gets corrected as it grows. Do some more research on google or ask a native speaker. You will soon find enough info to dispute wiki.
                        1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

there is a boat here called

Official business....

the guy worked for the state and his recording on his phone was always.. "I am away on Official Business.. pls etc etc etc".. lol fit him well

Comment

Best boat name I ever heard is AFTICA - Another Fu***** Thing I Can't Afford!

Comment

I would like to add some names I┬┤ve seen in europe.

My boat is named El Barco, because we couldnt come up with a name.

There is also the Italian La Barca

Shooting Star

Vega Star

Altair

Chanel

Sea Bird

Black money

Fulton

Just for inspiration

Comment

whiskywizard wrote:
                                Ron is soooo right. I have no idea why, but Numb Nuts remains available.

Any takers?
                                I had forgotten about that thread. Man that was funny!! I'll think about it.:arr

Comment

Working...
                                X