Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling Wiskey Wizard/re-namming boat.-gctid380205

Mike,

the wife and I are re-naming our 38. For years we have always loved your old 38's name of Perfect Balance; it explains everything. . We have delayed re-naming the boat for well over two years because we fell silly "stealing" perfect balance and can not come up with anything that compares.... We need to ask you personally and every other BOC'rs opinion on this.

Mike, your opinion on this will most likely determine what we name the boat so please be honest... Everyone else I would love to hear your thoughts as well and will be appreciated..

We have a short list of names that we like also (posted below). I would love to get your opinions and suggestions for new names so please let us know what you think!

Perfect Balance

Simply Better

Simply Perfect

Anejo

Outlaw

Gun Slinger

six Shooter

Our choice

Jacqueline Renee (wife's first and middle name)

Pacifica

Please suggest names and comment on your favorite of the ones listed! Thank you in advance!

First, I don't think you should feel badly about taking Perfect Balance. It might be different if we were in the same club.

Of the others you're considering, I think Jacqueline Renee is great too. I think there's something special in following the old tradition of naming your girl after your lady. And Jacqueline Renee has a nice ring to it.

Pacifica sounds great too.

What does Anejo mean? I don't know the word. Is it something special to you?

Comment

I'm sure Mike would also let you use the previous name of his Tiara as well - "Numb Nuts"

(who could forget that one..)

Comment

Well FishingFool: How about PescoTonto which is a Mex-Cal non word corruption of Pescar (to fish) and Tonto (fool/idiot)?
        1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

What does Anejo mean? I don't know the word. Is it something special to you?[/QUOTE]

Mike,

Thanks for the reply.. Anejo means aged.. the good expensive Tequila's that are aged at least 6 months are "Anejo the next step down is repisado which is aged about 3 months etc.. We kind of liked the the play on "aged'..

We really love perfect balance just wanted to get everyone's thoughts before making such a move..

Comment

ronlord wrote:
            I'm sure Mike would also let you use the previous name of his Tiara as well - "Numb Nuts"

I remember the threads well... I also remember the thread of having to call the coast guard and saying that name.. Numb Nuts is hysterical but I would have changed it too..

Comment

Uncle Bob wrote:
              Well FishingFool: How about PescoTonto which is a Mex-Cal non word corruption of Pescar (to fish) and Tonto (fool/idiot)?
              Love it! Thanks UB!

Comment

OK trivia buffs (y PescoTonto): A├▒ejo does not mean aged. It means supplemented or annexed as in enhanced. A├▒ejo Tequila is enhanced by the supplemental process of ageing in oak, usually used whiskey barrels, for a minimum of one year. That adds colour and flavour. So the result adds age but the meaning of a├▒ejo is "supplemented" like the annex to a building is supplemented to the building.
                1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

My 2 cents is that you should just keep perfect balance if you love that name. However, if you feel compelled to change it, maybe you can keep a little of the original, and add a little something new...maybe "Still Perfect."

John
                  2003 Bayliner 305 - SOLD!
                  Twin 5.7L, Carb'd, 445 hours
                  Bravo II drives
                  Closed-cooling

Comment

Perfect Balance.....I think it is a great complement to Mike.
                    1987 3270MY, 135 Hino engines

2015 Element ( Lime Green) Limited Edition 75 HP Mercury.

Roger, Lake Saint Clair, Michigan
                    Fair Winds & Following Seas

Comment

Ron is soooo right. I have no idea why, but Numb Nuts remains available.

Any takers?

Comment

Funny thread.

I am also thinking of a name change to personalize my first motoryacht to reflect life's path that brought us together.

I have been told it is REALLY bad luck to change a vessel's name.

Sometung about getting a virgin to pee in the hold works to kill the bad mojo.

Thoughts please.

BTW - Loving my first ever speing owning a motoryacht. I am hooked!!

Rick

Comment

whiskywizard wrote:
                          Ron is soooo right. I have no idea why, but Numb Nuts remains available.

Any takers?
                          If there is, it would be a perfect reflection of the owner.
                          Started boating 1955
                          Number of boats owned 32
                          Bayliners
                          3870 presently owned
                          Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

Comment

http://boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/rename.htm

On the other hand I have always just changed it and never had any bad luck.

Doug
                            Started boating 1955
                            Number of boats owned 32
                            Bayliners
                            3870 presently owned
                            Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

Comment

ronlord wrote:

That made me spit wine thru my nose! Nobody can ever accuse this group of not having quick wits and a good sense of humor.

I really like Perfect Balance too, although "Adios Dineros" still qualifies as one of the great boat names of all time. Be sure you use Wiskey Wizard's renaming ceremony--he graciously sent it to us when we rechristened ours and we've had nothing but blue skies and smooth sailing since.

Comment

Working...
                              X