forced air furance-gctid380191

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forced air furance-gctid380191

I am installing a D4 Espar in a 3218, were would you guys install the thermostat?? We like to sleep in the cave, all rooms have a heater duct,
    1988 3270
    135 hinos
    Seldovia ALASKA
    KEVINS UPHOLSTERY
    KEVINSBOATTOPS.COM
    Marine canvas/Upholstery
    since 1975

On my 38, the thermostat is at the helm station, about 2 -3 feet off the floor. The forward state room will get cold if you leave the door open.

Rick

Comment

Beside the bed on a couple of my boats because, for us, it is off at night and I want to turn it on before getting out of the bunk. By the way I have one outlet pointing at the toilet seat for a warm sit...quite a hit with the crew.
      1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

We are buying a 3218 and would like to find out more about your install. Is it a new install or are you replacing an older unit. Where is it etc. Pictures would be awesome!

Comment

My espar stat is in the saloon on the electrial panel. When I lived aboard it ran 24/7 in the winter. Now that we have move off we only use it in the spring and fall.

FYI I moved my AC stat to the aft cabin and love it there. If I was installing a new espar I might consider installing it by the bed.
          1987 3270MY, 135 Hino engines

2015 Element ( Lime Green) Limited Edition 75 HP Mercury.

Roger, Lake Saint Clair, Michigan
          Fair Winds & Following Seas

Comment

nickatnite wrote:
            We are buying a 3218 and would like to find out more about your install. Is it a new install or are you replacing an older unit. Where is it etc. Pictures would be awesome!
            OK it is in, all the ducting was allready installed so only had to run harness,stat and ex, fuel....about 12hrs. $2,200 for the kit less fuel tank. i mounted it in bewteen the engs hung from one of the stringers under the floor.made my own bracket. stat is 3ft off the floor in the salon..pay close att to the wireing instructions, they are in english but written by germans. :worth it was 35 deg,25knt snow/rain all weekend and the boat was as warm as anyone would want..

up to 76
            1988 3270
            135 hinos
            Seldovia ALASKA
            KEVINS UPHOLSTERY
            KEVINSBOATTOPS.COM
            Marine canvas/Upholstery
            since 1975

Comment

We installed ours on the vertical bulkhead to the right of the stairs leading to the aft cabin. Our unit (Webasto) is installed in the cave and so we ran the wires under the "monkey fur" covering. Nice neat location and is easy to turn on as your entering the cabin. My only wish is that the thermometer was lighted.

Trev

Comment

On my 3288 it is just under the stereo.
                Burr & Francie
                1989, 3288 Motor Yacht "Kokomo"
                1961, Cal 20 (sailboat) "Deja Vu"

Comment

Working...
                X